Handlebar riser for the bastard child - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Handlebar riser for the bastard child

Hi all,
I don't know if anybody else feels the same. I love my 1090RR but I am feeling that the aftermarket world seems to view 1090RR as the bastard child *LOL*!!

I am looking for a set of riser and had no luck at all. I have been browsing various websites that sells MV parts and accessories and seems like the only handlebar riser available for my beloved bike is from this one:
Handlebar Risers Clamp 28MM MV AGUSTA Brutale Rivale 675 800 910 920 989 1078 1090, Silver - Mad Hornets
Although seems to fit, I don't think this riser will provide any additional height from the stock one, can anybody confirm?
I got the link from another section of this forum.

I also look for aftermarket triple tree to fit Ohlins fork, again no luck and seems like the only route I can take if custom made triple tree....

Please share if anybody knows better..

Many thanks in advance...

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

MY11 1090RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 05:32 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Those risers bolt on top of the original bottom handlebar clamp, so they will raise the bars what looks like about 25~30 mm.

Top clamps for Ohlins forks are rare. I think most are custom machine work. Or maybe from MV Corse shop. There are some members here with Ohlins forks installed. Maybe they can provide answers.

R1Andrew and The Castle come to mind.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Those risers bolt on top of the original bottom handlebar clamp, so they will raise the bars what looks like about 25~30 mm.

Top clamps for Ohlins forks are rare. I think most are custom machine work. Or maybe from MV Corse shop. There are some members here with Ohlins forks installed. Maybe they can provide answers.

R1Andrew and The Castle come to mind.
Thanks for the answer, I was a bit confused on how that riser will work, all clear now and I don't think I can trust that to secure the handlebar when I hang on for dear life on this beast *LOL*

I tore down my tree today and an idea came to mind. I think I will just machine to flatten the riser mounting point on the top tree and re shape the recess to be able to secure a Monster/SF riser, being able to mount a Ducati riser will give me plenty of options.

Yes, I have looked high and low and nobody have an off the shelf tree to fit Ohlins. There is a brand new 1090 Corsa with Ohlins fork at the local friendly dealership but I don't have the guts to ask how much an official MV Corse Ohlins upgrade will set me back as I know I won't be willing nor able to fork the cash out *LOL* I think I will go with custom made triple tree, got a quote of around $300 for full custom CNC job. This will be a future project, Ohlins cost an arm and a leg and I just spent my hard earned money for a set of Borrani Milano wheels

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

MY11 1090RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode