Power commander help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2005, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Power commander help

Now before everone thinks i'm nuts, it seems the internal bits on a pc3 are all the same for most models of 4cyl of bike.

I'm thinking of fitting a honda929 pc3 to my MV,(a mate is turboing his 929 so doesn't need pc anymore) we've taken readings off the throttle position sensor and they are the same on my mv as his 929's so we are confident it'll either 1) work or 2) at least not break my bike.

We don't have access to a pc3 MVF4 750 map here though, i've checked the dynojet site and they don't have one on there for me to download. The tuner here in Perth doesn't want to do anything "unusual".
Does anyone have a map so i have something to start with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 05:09 PM

I dont know much about these things but I have seen a number of maps online for the 750, sorry I cant remeber where but I think powercommander.com has them. I did some digging around a little while ago on the pc and maps apparently are not reliable as each bike within a given model will vary somewhat leaving far from optimal performance so I dont know how concerned you need be about that.

Who's the tuner that you spoke to? Super Cycles in Osborne Park is the power commander dealer/tuner in WA. I would also double check with them on using the honda pc.

Last edited by Rockethouse; 11-19-2005 at 05:13 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-19-2005, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Dynotime is the only place in WA that deals with PC's, came as a shock to me. The guys name is Russell and he's very compitent, but given his monopoly if he thinks it at all out of the ordinary he just says no. Which was even more of a shock to me.

Good news though a guy named Takis from the UK(i think) is going to send me his, It's for an evo 3 so wont be right but it will convince Russell that it's ok to put on his dyno and tune properly.

With the Honda PC the response from dynojet was that it might not work, but when i pressed the point the tech adviser. He said basically the internal settings would be different so it'd have to get dyno tuned. We have tested the TPS and both the MV and 929 put out 0.5-4.5V we'll also test the input to the injector harness but i cant see that making that big a difference. So the signal into the PC will be identical (which means when my throttle is at 5% open the PC won't read 357% and squirt fuel everywhere)

The PC's work on altering the original signal by a certain% so if the original signal goes in it wont be put way out.

There are a couple of reasons i think it will work though.
1) all PC's can do a range upto 15000 revs, this is pointless for my mates 10.5 grand reving 929 even highly modded 15 is too much, it seems the wiring on the 929 pc isn't set for a 929.
2) You can download an MV map onto any 4cyl PC, they warn you not to do this cause it may screw up the bike if you have a different map on the pc if the units were internally different the maps should be incompatable.
3) some PC dynotuner in the states basically said "of course they're all the same" he said wiring it up would be difficult, but it only has 8 wires and 4 of them go to injectors and 1 is the earth, it really shouldn't matter which injector they go to anyway because it works on changing the signal in between injecting times each injector should get 0 signal.

If anyone finds logical inconsistancies above please reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-20-2005, 11:55 PM

Good news...maybe...Dynomite is not the only pc dealer in WA...I was interested to see if the pc website info was correct so I gave Super Cylcles a call today and surley they are pc dealers and dynojet tuners. I spoke to a Tony who informed me that they have the most up to date dyno and that the owner has just returned from the US where he had been training up on the new Dynojet system. If you have a pc it will set you back $299 for a proper mapping.

Here's their info if your interested.

Super Cycles

Address:
106 Frobisher Street
Osborne Park, WA 6017

Phone:
(08) 9444 9898
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, i'll give them a call, are they the harley dealer? they had some adds in the paper a few weeks ago saying dyno, dyno, dyno so they must have just got there system recently. It'll be good to have some competition around town, thanks for the info.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-21-2005, 11:25 PM

That would be them them , he mentioned they mostly had pc's in stock for Harleys and would have to order a pc for the Agusta if you wanted one.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

yeah i calld him yesterday, he wasn't scared off by the wrong pc/MV combo, Dynotime is about $50 cheaper, he doesnt use the tuning link like supercycles but tunes to power instead of optimal fuel/air ratio like the new computer uses, he doesn't actually use a dynojet dyno at all, he's got a new one and doesn't use his dynojet one anymore. He says that the automated systems can be fooled at different revs by length of exhaust (cause you put there little O2 sensor at the end of the pipe, and not near the valves) he also recons that changing the fuel air mixture lets you tune for linear power so you can flatten lumps in power/torque curves. All the sportsbike dudes in WA swear by him so if he'll do it i think i'll get him to do it. Not sure if a harley dyno would cope with all the power anyway

Thanks for the advice though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode