Healtech Electronics quick shifter - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2017, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Healtech Electronics quick shifter

G'day,

Just thought I'd pass on some info that may be useful for anyone interested in a quick shifter from Healtech Electronics. I purchased mine online from a mob in Italy, HotNRare. It consists of a wiring harness for the injectors, a sensor for the shift and an electronic unit. When it was all connected it wouldn't recognise the unit via my mobile or bluetooth which is how you set it up with the downloaded app.

Turned out the harness wasnít suitable for my particular bike even though it was the one listed. After many emails to both the seller and Healtech tech support, after a couple of weeks I was sent the correct harness, one thatís listed for a Triumph..
To quote Attila from Healtech support: - ďThe wiring is often changed on MV Augusta bikes , often do not match with the wiring diagrams and there's no logic in the used connectors and wiring on similar models, unfortunately.Ē
Both HotNRare and Healtech have been great but language and email difficulties dragged it out and made the whole thing pretty frustrating. So if youíre ever interested in one of these quick shifters, pull the boots off the injector plugs, photograph and number them and send them to Healtech tech support for advice before you order. Sounds like a pain I know but it will save a lot of stuffing around. This may only affect four cylinder Brutales but good to keep in mind for any model.
Iíve just got it running and it needs some fine tuning via the app on my phone. Itís working well. I chose this unit as it works with both rear sets and standard pegs (no strain gauge). Hope this is helpful to someone.
Cheers
Deano
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 01:25 PM

That's exactly my current concern about this QS.
And asking my local dealer about, he answer the same : send pics and injector connectors ref (for a F4 1078).

Nothing is simple with MV!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 09:48 AM

New Site Garage
Unfortunately it's not just MV. I have a Bennington Pontoon boat and needed to replace the steering cable...don't ask. I called the dealer and gave them the model and year and they said I had to bring the bad cable in to measure it. ????? So it seems other manufacturers also don't follow any standard parts procedures. BTW, do you know what a PITA it is to pull and install a steering cable when the boat is still in the water? Oh yeah, for others, 2575RL...18' cable.

2014 F4 RR
2008 Yamaha Raider S
1982 Suzuki GS850L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2017, 06:52 PM

New Site Garage
Thanks Deano, I've been down the road of various wiring harness colours quite a few times. It's now relatively easy for me to check the colours via the workshop manuals and the ECU plug without removing fuel tank.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode