carbon parts - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

carbon parts

Now that Winter is here, at least in Green Bay, WI it's time to spruce up the new mv1000. Mostly with carbon. Can anybody inform me of any differences from the many suppliers that are available? Casoli looks to be expensive, while QB Carbon is much cheaper. The Special Parts division is up there to, then the rest are pretty much in the middle. Of course quality is very important to me. Any opinions based from experience would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2005, 03:44 PM

I am in the same position as you, bike a couple of months old, and wanting to add some quality bits, and have.
I spent a bit of time comparing carbon parts from different suppliers, and the price variation is simply down to quality. And by quality I am referring to the visual aspect.
Now I am not a structural engineer, so the strength value of the parts is of no real value, but the visual component is, and the difference between suppliers is huge.
Also dont buy unseen of the net, you can't guage the appearance this way.

For my part I bought from MV Special parts, simply because of the fit and I don't want to be wishing I had bought the best quality each time I look at my bike!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. I'll more than likely just keep it simple and stick with MV SP. I know the quality and appearance are top notch judging by the Ago I was drooling all over. Now the difficult part is the exhaust. RG 3, Sil Motor, or Moto Corse. It's never ending. I'm beginning to think just getting my hands on an Ago or even the MT will actually save money.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode