R&G Aero Frame Sliders - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
R&G Aero Frame Sliders

Hi All,

Installing a set of R&G Aero Frame Sliders on an F3 would it be recommended to apply a little blue loctite to the threats? or just nip the bolts up tight?

Chris
Tasty F3

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 01:43 AM

New Site Garage
Chris,

If they're replacing a frame bolt to fit just torque to spec. If not a little loctite wont do any harm if that's what you feel. Should be some sort of torque spec included anyway with the kit. Makes no difference if you road test them though. The bolt will bend and come loose. I know, I've done it. They do their job though. My frame sliders were Sato and the axle sliders R&G. Both top products. Well worth fitting.

Cheers

Deano
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Chris,

If they're replacing a frame bolt to fit just torque to spec. If not a little loctite wont do any harm if that's what you feel. Should be some sort of torque spec included anyway with the kit. Makes no difference if you road test them though. The bolt will bend and come loose. I know, I've done it. They do their job though. My frame sliders were Sato and the axle sliders R&G. Both top products. Well worth fitting.

Cheers

Deano
Thanks Deano,

Really hoping I don't road test them

R&G spec say 40mn for the bolt that attached to slider to the slider bracket,it fells like the bracket is flexing and I'm only at 25nm,

I just really don't want to do any damn fitting them

Chris
Tasty F3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 12:58 PM

Worth their weight in gold thgese sliders.
i saw a mate drop his RC 800 outside the dealers on some gravel,only broke his mirror.
i bought some on strength of this and a couple of months ago while stopping for a piss i turned round to see my bike rolling forward.
i spun round with dick hanging out of leathers and still squirting just in time to help brake its fall but it still went down with a bang.
Sorting myself out i carefully picked it up and couldnt believe it.
No damage anywhere,except to the slider itself and it even bent the fixing arm.
Worth every penny of the £149.00

F3 800 RC, Aprilia V4 Tuono,Yam RD400F
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 11-23-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksim View Post
Worth their weight in gold thgese sliders.
i saw a mate drop his RC 800 outside the dealers on some gravel,only broke his mirror.
i bought some on strength of this and a couple of months ago while stopping for a piss i turned round to see my bike rolling forward.
i spun round with dick hanging out of leathers and still squirting just in time to help brake its fall but it still went down with a bang.
Sorting myself out i carefully picked it up and couldnt believe it.
No damage anywhere,except to the slider itself and it even bent the fixing arm.
Worth every penny of the £149.00
I know I shouldn't laugh, but that has just made me laugh . Glad the bike was OK.

Brutale 800 Italia
Monster 796 .
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-25-2016, 01:33 PM
Banned

The sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggy View Post
I know I shouldn't laugh, but that has just made me laugh . Glad the bike was OK.
Fitted them to my RC and took them off thought they spoilt the look of the bike , I also found that on the left side the bracket sat slightly behind fairing causing the puk to rub against it so I removed because there was a chance it would crack the fairing, shame though good quality item
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidemark View Post
Fitted them to my RC and took them off thought they spoilt the look of the bike , I also found that on the left side the bracket sat slightly behind fairing causing the puk to rub against it so I removed because there was a chance it would crack the fairing, shame though good quality item
Hope your bike never falls over but if it does you will be well pissed off.Dont expect to get fairing panels and tank quickly.

F3 800 RC, Aprilia V4 Tuono,Yam RD400F
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 03:33 AM

New Site Garage
Bought a set for my TV, Christmas present from me to me. Will probably get some front axle sliders too. With parts availability the way it is, as well as the cost, I think they'll be worth their weight in gold should they ever be called into play.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 12-26-2016, 09:17 AM

I looked at the R&G Frame Sliders for my Brutale, but didn't like their logo taking up real-estate on my bike, and the overall shape was just okay. The choices are limited but I settled on the Puig Sliders, they fit fine, and their logo is more subtle. Hopefully I will never have to find out how good they perform.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
On fitting them I though they stood out like swollen dogs testicle but now I hardly notice them

R&G Fork Sliders
R&G Barends
R&G Aero Sliders
GB Racing Case Savers - again didn't like the look after installing them but have grown on me

NicholasF4 and NicholasF4 like this.

Chris
Tasty F3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode