hp corse exhaust brutale 1090 - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

hp corse exhaust brutale 1090

Hi everyone, if fitting a HP Corse hydroform full exhaust system plus BMC airfilter, what else is needed to tune it, ECU or Microtec or power commander or other? Bike will be dyno tuned and is a 2015 1090RR ABS, thanks for feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 08:56 PM

Are you still running the O2 sensor ?

If not you are probably going to need the race ecu and power commander unless you find someone that can re-map the 5SM ecu you already have.

You might get away with just a PCV if you still have the 02 sensor and get someone that knows what they are doing.

If you go the Microtec route check it works with the ABS, I remember that there was an issue a while ago but it may have been resolved by now.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Hi rsawkins , I was just about to buy the 2015 ABS but now have put a deposit on a 2014 1090 R which is fitted with a arrows exhaust and standard silencers. I still wish to fit the HP Corse silencer though and have access to a good tuner with a dyno who is a MV service agent, not sure if the arrows has the 02 sensor or where its even located as I wont have the bike till next week ,what do you think as I am pretty sure this model is non ABS. Thanks in advance mate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Hi again rsawkins, I should mention that I asked the question about the 2015 before I had the bike is because it is new from a dealer who reduced it to cost price and he is desperate to clear all his MV stock as he no longer wants MV.
I was hitting him up with any extra cost items to tune the HP Corse as a bargaining tool to reduce the cost even further.
Now that I am getting the 2014 the tuner is in Cairns and I am in Townsville so I am thinking ineed to purchase any PC5 or ECU beforehand together with the HP Corse so that he has all the necessary items when he tunes it, or would it be wise to just take it up there with the HP Corse only and leave it to him work out what else I may need.
Sorry if this all sounds strange but as you can see I know nothing about tuning these bikes fitted with aftermarket exhaust, what would you do as I want to get it right the first time to avoid going back and forwards to Cairns.
Thanks again.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-16-2016, 11:22 PM

New Site Garage
mvaussie,

Firstly the Arrow and HP Corse are completely different systems so just fitting the silencer is not an option. Well not on my 2009 1078 at least. I have both full systems. I'll stand corrected if it's different for the 2015 model. Go with a Microtec if you're investing in an aftermarket ECU.

I'm in Townsville myself. PM me and you can come round and check out the systems and the Microtec ECU and software. I have some good maps for both systems and it may save you a trip to Cairns and a possible dodgy and expensive result from an unknown tuner. That's a story I'll explain too.

Cheers

Deano
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 12:46 AM

I would speak to Deano :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to rsawkins For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 03:11 AM

be carefull, check what Ecu you have ,i do not think it is the 5sm
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 03:49 AM

New Site Garage
Microtec does not do an ECU for the ABS models.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

HP Corse Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
mvaussie,

Firstly the Arrow and HP Corse are completely different systems so just fitting the silencer is not an option. Well not on my 2009 1078 at least. I have both full systems. I'll stand corrected if it's different for the 2015 model. Go with a Microtec if you're investing in an aftermarket ECU.

I'm in Townsville myself. PM me and you can come round and check out the systems and the Microtec ECU and software. I have some good maps for both systems and it may save you a trip to Cairns and a possible dodgy and expensive result from an unknown tuner. That's a story I'll explain too.

Cheers

Deano
PM sent Deano, At least I think it was successful as I am new to this site and still learning to navigate, let me know on the forum if not successful. Thanks again.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Hi Guys,I just made contact with Deano, these forums are incredible as I never even knew there was another Brutale in my town let alone owned by someone so helpful.
A big thankyou to all of you and tomorrow I am going to buy a lottery ticket while my luck holds out.
Enjoy your beautiful , soulful Brutales.
mine and mine like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode