Mircotec Mon226MV Software and M196 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Mircotec Mon226MV Software and M196

Having connection issues my M196 and my Mon226MV software.

When I updated my laptop's Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, that install wiped a dll file used by the Mon226MV Software. I had to reinstall Mon. Then there was something funky where I was using my autotune and M163, I connected, went out and road around, connected and saved. Repeated 3 times. Then suddenly went to reconnect and Mon refused to connect to the M196.

I did have spotty connection with Windows 8.1, but never a full will not connect no matter the connection sequence, power cycling, etc.

I went into the Windows settings, turned off all the USB power-save settings, and some other setting where it shouldn't randomly disconnect my USB. The chip in the M196, that manufacturer has USB drivers and software that I then installed. USB worked, M196 connected to Mon.

This last week, Windows 10, against my wishes, decided to update its' self to the Win10 Anniversary. That again hosed my dll and I had to reinstall Mon.

Now it won't connect to the M196. When I close Mon, Windows says it has crashed and creates a report. I did reinstall from a downloaded file someone had posted. My backup wouldn't install (even though I'd used it to install before) and I've temporarily misplaced my disc.

Other regular issues:
- There are two Mon Icons that appear in the Task Bar when the program is open but it seems to really just be one.
- I cannot maximize the screen, it is always locked at a fixed pixel height and width. If I change my screen dims, it just makes it worse.

Anyone deal with any of these things? I know from experience, PC hardware can have poor USB designs. This is an HP Envy. But there definitely seem to be some Mon issues, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 10:27 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsmen View Post

Other regular issues:
- There are two Mon Icons that appear in the Task Bar when the program is open but it seems to really just be one.
- I cannot maximize the screen, it is always locked at a fixed pixel height and width. If I change my screen dims, it just makes it worse.

Anyone deal with any of these things? I know from experience, PC hardware can have poor USB designs. This is an HP Envy. But there definitely seem to be some Mon issues, too.
regular isses are by program design and will not change as probably no updates anymore. I stick with a small old laptop/tablet on w7 specifically for microtec

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 03:30 PM

New Site Garage
Yeah I had some of those. Had to reinstall Mon266MV from disc every time I wanted to use the programme. A dodgy CAN lead was to blame. No problems on my Windows 10 laptop that upgraded from 8.1. Screen does not mazimize, that's the size.

Cheers

Deano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Which CAN lead was dodgy? I...CAN...take a look at mine (and will). I've always been a little suspect of the USB as it is pretty sloppy. But I don't hear the Windows' Chime for making/breaking connection.

I'll try and find a local cheap/used laptop and get W7 put on it to try.

Last edited by marsmen; 09-29-2016 at 03:41 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 04:24 PM

Micro pc's are so cheap (and SD card sized) nowadays Microtec could bundle a dedicated cpu/display. Or use the newer bikes' display. Now that would be convenient.

2009 F4 RR 1078 312
2005 F4 Tamboweenie
2005 F4 1000S
1999 Aprilia RS50
1996 Ducati 916
1959 MV Agusta TREL 125 Centomila

PAST - 2013 F4RR, 2008 F4 312R, 2005 F4 1000S, 1999 F4 750 S
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-02-2016, 01:34 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Yeah I had some of those. Had to reinstall Mon266MV from disc every time I wanted to use the programme. A dodgy CAN lead was to blame. No problems on my Windows 10 laptop that upgraded from 8.1. Screen does not mazimize, that's the size.

Cheers

Deano
my usb cable broke once inside the usb connector, replaced it.

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

I did a pin continuity check through the connectors on the CAN side. Those were good.
Software diagnostics of the USB, it looked good.

For whatever reason, when my Win10 updated and knocked out my dll file, I couldn't reinstall my v1.1. I used a v0.0.

After a few more attempts, I decided to fully uninstall Mon226 and saw there there were 2 identical programs listed. I fully uninstalled them both. Rebooted. Then reinstalled my v1.1. It works now. I think the v0.0 installed the missing dll, but as everything is identical, clicking the icon to open, then opened both programs and they were fighting for resources. It might be why I had two icons in the Task Bar showing up.

Currently, can connect and talk to bike. Only issue now, is when I close the program, Win 10 tells me Mon226 has crashed when it really hasn't.

Fix: uninstall and then reinstall.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 10:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to whobeyou Send a message via Skype™ to whobeyou
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm having some very similar issues. I've also uninstalled/reinstalled and that hasn't fixed it.

I've got a setup file for Mon226MV v0.0, and when I installed that, I have 2 icons in the task bar, and I can see the label of my ECU as M226 V1.2 (not exact but that's the version number of my ECU) in the bottom right of the Mon226MV v0.0 software. However, when I click "Open" it just flashes, and goes back to "Open". It doesn't stay connected and say "Close".

I received an executable file from Chris at X-bikes labelled "Mon226MV.exe" and when I copy/paste this into C:/Program Files (x86)/Mon226MV/ and overwrite the old one, the program then starts up as Mon226MV v1.1. When I try to connect to the ECU, I can no longer see what version it is in the bottom right, and I get an error saying "Incompatible Firmware"

With both versions, and fresh installs, I always get 2 icons in the task bar.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to set the TPS and not getting very far lol.

Edit: FYI, I'm using Windows 10 and Windows 7 (had to dig out the old laptop)

-whobeyou

Bikes:
2006 Ninja ZX10R (Sold)
2008 Streetbob (Sold)
1999 Ninja ZX9R (Sold)
2005 ZX10R (Wifes!)
2007 MV Agusta F4 1000R
1981 KZ1000CSR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode