Wheel Options for the TV - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Question Wheel Options for the TV

What other MV wheels fit the TV? I suspect most if not all F3 based models fit on the rear , possible F4 rears but not clear what other front wheels fit?
And has anyone looked at other bike make wheels ie Ducati wheels from thier large axle bikes might fit on the rear 1098s etc?
I fancy a set in a different colour and didnt want to change the originals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 11:29 AM

Any wheels off any of the 3 cyl. MV,s should wit, fronts as well as rears. Ducati rears do not fit!

You might look at OZ wheels. Very cool stuff. Some of their alu wheels are reasonably priced too.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Ta for info crash . A bit more digging has found that F4's may have 35mm front axles 6907 bearings. Whereas TVs have 25mm fr axles 6005 bearings. So that would rule out F4 fronts and possible any inline 4 MV if they share the same fr axle diameter. Any one know what F3 fr axle diameter/ bearing specs are? Which is a shame as I liked the old star pattern F4 wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 06:23 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
Ta for info crash . A bit more digging has found that F4's may have 35mm front axles 6907 bearings. Whereas TVs have 25mm fr axles 6005 bearings. So that would rule out F4 fronts and possible any inline 4 MV if they share the same fr axle diameter. Any one know what F3 fr axle diameter/ bearing specs are? Which is a shame as I liked the old star pattern F4 wheels.
Make sure that you differentiate between F4's (4-cylinder bikes) as the pre-2010's are different to post-2010's.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Make sure that you differentiate between F4's (4-cylinder bikes) as the pre-2010's are different to post-2010's.
Ta Donsy I suspect the F4 front bearing axle info I dug up is pre 2010.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2016, 11:30 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
Ta Donsy I suspect the F4 front bearing axle info I dug up is pre 2010.
Pre-2010 F4/B4 use the same bearing size through ALL models, but two different axles.

Post-2010 all have the same bearings, on the F4/B4 at the very least but I can't remember if they're the same as the 3-cylinder bikes...... BUT.... these are NOT the same as any pre-2010 MV.

Axles and spacers may vary between 2010+ models (3 or 4 cylinder regardless), I think the wheel bearing sizes are the same.

Check part numbers please.

I think Balz made the 3-cylinder issue quite clear though.
Good luck.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode