2017 Euro4 loose power against Euro3 engines - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
2017 Euro4 loose power against Euro3 engines

800cc 125 becomes 110HP
800cc 140 becomes 125HP

they say, and they are already producing MY2017, so a run on old stock at the dealer?

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb88xx View Post
800cc 125 becomes 110HP
800cc 140 becomes 125HP

they say, and they are already producing MY2017, so a run on old stock at the dealer?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm going for a B3 RR (before my new 4 pot). I want that top end.
Exactly what I was afraid of. I'm sure it will have more torque all over the place, but still the 140 region is ideal!

Confirmed information?

Nes

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 11:40 AM

The euro4 2016 B3 800 puts 116hp (not 110) at the crankshaft.
The sacrifice of hp, to a certain extent at least, seams like a conscious decision in order to massively increase torque.
It seems they had room for more hp(at the expense of torque), without increasing capacity.
The RR in my opinion/preference should be biased more towards peak power.

Nes

Last edited by Nesca; 09-22-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 11:42 AM

New Site Garage
"Calm down dear" as Michael Winner would say.

Just about every press review of the new, lower peak power, Brutale 800 says the bike is better for it and you really won't miss it.

I went from my Brutale 800 which produced 125hp at the back wheel to a Stradale 800 which is 115hp at the crank and you really don't notice much difference in the area of the rev range where the engine spends 90% of the time. Power figures are just for playing top trumps down the pub with your mates

Interested in anything that Sucks, Bangs and Blows!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackers View Post
"Calm down dear" as Michael Winner would say.

Just about every press review of the new, lower peak power, Brutale 800 says the bike is better for it and you really won't miss it.

I went from my Brutale 800 which produced 125hp at the back wheel to a Stradale 800 which is 115hp at the crank and you really don't notice much difference in the area of the rev range where the engine spends 90% of the time. Power figures are just for playing top trumps down the pub with your mates
No, no, no Ackers. You got me all wrong. I do not believe in numbers/spec-sheets. I can appreciate the widest range of engine types/character you can imagine. And I certainly appreciate torque, look at my current bikes.
For the MV 3-cylinder it is my preference to be biased a bit more towards peak power.
As to where the engine spends 90% of the time, without arrogance, allow me to say that I'm not a "normal" rider.
And I am romantically eager to believe that MVs are not meant for "normal" riders.
And I do not go to pubs.

Nes

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 01:00 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
No, no, no Ackers. You got me all wrong. I do not believe in numbers/spec-sheets. I can appreciate the widest range of engine types/character you can imagine. And I certainly appreciate torque, look at my current bikes.
For the MV 3-cylinder it is my preference to be biased a bit more towards peak power.
As to where the engine spends 90% of the time, without arrogance, allow me to say that I'm not a "normal" rider.
And I am romantically eager to believe that MVs are not meant for "normal" riders.
And I do not go to pubs.
You are damn right and I love the top power thing. That is the rush that I anticipate for every ride. Don't care about low and mid range because then you are cruising anyway with 20% of the throttle and who cares about power then.
Can we go back to two strokes

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 04:17 PM

Eh????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
No, no, no Ackers.
And I do not go to pubs.
Jeez, don't go to pubs

I'm out of here

jimboF4

in the garage: 2001 F4 750 1+1, 2005 Brutale 910S Carbon, 2007 Brutale 910R, 2009 F41000R, 2013 Brutale 800, 2015 Turismo Veloce 800,1976 Triumph T140D Bonneville, 1976 Honda CB400F2.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 04:34 PM

The two things that give you the power rush you love are cam lift and timing. Unfortunately they are not synonymous with the euro 4 standard. Less cam overlap and less lift gives you more torque at the expense of top end power but it cuts emissions and usually gives better fuel economy.

Some manufacturers have pulled it off and some haven't. Porsche have dumped their n/a flat 6 and gone to a turbo 4 which enthusiasts are less than happy about. I have a turbo 4 Subaru and it's still an exciting engine to use but it's all about torque not top end rush. Fast though.

Manufacturers could pass Euro 4 with a screamer but they'd need to use much more sophisticated electronics than they seem to be prepared to do. Cost I suppose. And lack of expertise.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboF4 View Post
Jeez, don't go to pubs

I'm out of here
You don't get it, do you?
Let me give you a hint. I do enjoy English pubs and I do enter their physical premises. But I do not go to pubs as mentioned by Ackers.
(he uses the same paradigm in another post/thread,not towards me, also in a derogatory way,he doesn't know me, doesn't know how I think about motorcycles or otherwise)
You know where the name derives from ah?
Jeez, you English are supposed to be witty!

Nes

Last edited by Nesca; 09-22-2016 at 06:10 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboF4 View Post
Jeez, don't go to pubs

I'm out of here
Another hint because it is late and I don't want to get you stressed or anything.

I loathe platitudes, banalities and more so being accused of such.

Nes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode