Exhaust Mod on Dragster 800 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Exhaust Mod on Dragster 800

Hi All
Has anybody removed the internals of a standard Dragster exhaust collector box, I prefer the look of the standard system compared to aftermarket systems but would like a bit more noise.
If anyone has any information on this mod could you please let me know how successful it was.
Cheers
Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 09:43 AM

New Site Garage
Yep seen people do this

Best advise I can give...DONT DO IT

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 09:51 AM

This wasn't a dragster, but I guess it fulfills part of your request for info on the procedure. Maybe, maybe not:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133378

Kag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean100yz View Post
Yep seen people do this

Best advise I can give...DONT DO IT
You not going to say why? lol

Kag

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 06:19 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kageira View Post
You not going to say why? lol
Just do a search on this being done in the past

One friend did it and wished he didn't after, sounds like crap when done

Does not give a nice sound like fm, QD etc

I'm sure on YouTube there is a video in Asia of them running it after. Amazing welding skills but the bike sounded dog rough

Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider supporting my son in his racing

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me, current road and track racing & my son competing

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 07:53 PM
Established Member

I'm thinking about purchasing the "tre forza" (anonimoto forza) exhaust slip-on system. my question..can anybody tell me if it is super loud? I checked youtube and found a couple of sample vids. but it is hard to tell real world sound levels, It does not seem to be over bearing, I do like my stock noise level because it does not draw to much attention from the police and I don't wake the neighbors...if the sound is "crazy loud" I wont put it on..dragster 800 RR..thanks..

If your phone isn't ringing..it's probably me!...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 08:45 AM
Established Member

I was interested in this because it has a real 3 into 1 collector and not a box with pipes welded to it. theres no performance gain from the box units. I chatted with a guy on youtube that has it on his dragster and says the sound is borderline to loud but, he does notice a small performance gain..Im with you, I could do better spending $1,800 on something that makes more sence..I still may buy it though...kek!....p.s. I have friends from the drag racing world that build headers for the quickest cars in the world, I can have a collector made that is more advanced than what I'm seeing on these after market systems. I might have my own system made..

If your phone isn't ringing..it's probably me!...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 11:07 AM

I have FM Project exhaust on my F3 and the TreForza on my Rivale. Both are of very high quality. Lookswise I prefer the FM just a little bit but I feel both these exhausts are MUCH better looking than anything else out there. The FM only has a small round muffler can underneath the bike. It is quite well hidden and certainly not the eyesore big box of most other exhausts.
Loud of course is a bit subjective, but the TreForza is borderline too loudin my opinion. It also has a sharper, higher pitch, raspy sound, compared to the FM's deeper, more voluminous sound.
Performance, both increase low and mid range response and power noticably. Driveability is much improved. Top end maybe just a little bit.

Moto Forza has the FM Project exhaust in stock. They used to alsocarry the TreForza but no longer. The TreForza may not even be around anymore, don't know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode