F3 MV Corse Race ECU - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

F3 MV Corse Race ECU

I've seen a fair few posts in the past about the MV Corse Race ECU that is supposed to add:

Launch control. Pit limiter. Rev limiter. Inertial Platform. Anti wheeling. Blip shift down. Engine brake strategy. Optional data logger. Complete table maps strategy. 10-way operational strategies.

I have just purchased a "Race ECU" sent direct from MV to someone who used to run a team, still sealed etc.

Has anyone actually used one on an F3? Does it do all it says it does or is it really just a re-map?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 09:07 AM

New Site Garage
I have one on my F3 800RC. Thus far everything works as advertised - except the quick shift/blip shift - we needed a different shift sensor (GP shift), that part goes on next week. So we are still working on that function. David Bruton at Translogic Systems Ltd was helpful in resolving this glitch.

Recommend installing race type push button controls to more easily use the menu's. Saves time.

I'm sure others on the forum are real experts with this system, I only know what we've experienced with it to date. Sorry I don't have anything more to add.

Was told this ECU is one of only a very few in North America. It came directly from Reparto Corse/Forward Racing in Monaco.

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
Staff Instructor SBTT South
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Established Member
I have one in my 800 RC also but have not seen any of this functionality. No new menus or options that I have been able to find. I got it from Evo Bikes. It was also about $1000 less than the one listed on the MV site that is for the 675 so maybe this one is not supposed to have all that functionality.

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagusta...rem018800.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Okaaaay..... So mixed results. I will just have to see what turns up.....

Hopefully I will get more functionality and the work on the blip shift a later date. If it adds nothing then I'll be contacting the seller for my cash back. That said he's sold me a fair few bits and the bikes he ran are now the BSB team bikes and he's always come through.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 10:54 AM

There are three different race ECU's available two with launch control etc. which costs in the region 1500 one of these requires a different wiring loom which costs 800. And one which almost standard apart from a remap and a deleted exhaust valve fault code for about 550. All costs are approx. Hope this helps. Oh and if anyone has a nice ecu with bells and whistles going dirt cheap pm me. John
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 11:21 AM
Established Member
What dudman said. Did a little digging and what I have is the MV Agusta Corse ECU which is an Eldor plug and play with the original wiring loom without any of the racing features. It's a Eldor ECU, with all the OEM features (traction, multimap, quickshifter, abs etc...) but with a racing map for racing manifolds or full exhaust.

The MV Course Racing ECU requires the racing loom (eliminates key ignition, lights etc) and costs around 1700. I am not sure if they are selling them for the 800 though.

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagusta...parts/stk.html
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2016, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Cheers guys. Seems all it will do is make the bike run rich. Vendor was decent and has offered me a refund.

The monies shall go towards tyres.

All replies and help are much appreciated!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 09:16 PM

i might be interested in buying your race ECU aas i am on the lookout for one my contact email [email protected] thanks Lance
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 01:32 PM

Hi guys, where can the race ecu be purchased? I'm building an F3 800 race bike and would ideally like to replace the wiring loom as well. Cheers.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggers View Post
Hi guys, where can the race ecu be purchased? I'm building an F3 800 race bike and would ideally like to replace the wiring loom as well. Cheers.
There's also getting your ECU flashed that's an option with pretty much the same functionality

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode