F4R & Power Commander 5? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

F4R & Power Commander 5?

Bike is a 2012 F4R, with a 2012 F4RR motor and ECU (long story).

Do I need anything special to run a PC5 with Autotune in my bike? I watched the video and read the manual, Dynojet states I need to keep my factory O2 sensor in (with the included O2 optimizer) along with the autotune O2 sensor. I assume I'd need to have an exhaust shop install a second bung for the Autotune sensor?

Lastly, what other ECU options do I have? I read a post that said I could get a race ECU, but I really don't want to shell out that much money if the PC5 works well as is.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:27 AM

OK,they are correct,what happens is the optimizer helps improve the first 20 percent of throttle ,as without a race ecu you can not map the first 20 percent of the map(throttle position)do yourself a favour ,buy a race ecu and PC5 and put it on a dyno.I have been down the path you are thinking ,do not waste your money on the auto tune,I have one at home only to adjust my CO at idle.The race ecu disables the lambda sensor,
And then you can tune all of the map
Cheers eddy
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:39 AM

Also as a note for 1090 riders ,my mate tony has wrecked 2 brutale 1090 2011 model so he bought one down in Sydney,decedide a week ago to put his previous pc5 and race ecu back on this bike with his old dyno tune already still in the pc5,so if you think your decated 1090 is running smooth ,well let me tell you it is not,the difference is super smooth with nil jerkiness ,also if you are only disconnecting the wires controlling the flapper that is incorrect ,you must disconnect it from the plug that goes into the flapper control,otherwise the motor will not de excel a rate correctly.try it with or without race ecu.pull the socket out if removing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Thank you Eddy. That sounds like great advice.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 05:39 PM
Established Member

Not to controvert what Eddy has said, but the autotune feature when used correctly is actually more accurate that a standard Dyno. The wideband O2 sensor has the same resolution as on a Dyno but the delay due to the distance the sensor is from the exhaust is much longer on a Dyno.

Eddy is correct if you have a good Dyno operator they can certainly get you right, and it takes a lot of patience and trial on the street to get the most out of the autotune, which is why, I think, Eddy recommends otherwise,but if you are willing, you can with effort duplicate the dyno results.

Robert

1090RR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode