spr 750 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

spr 750

does anybody know the specs, ie lift and duration on SPR 750 cams.. I can't find any cams to buy nor can I find any info.. I now have a machinist who can make me camshafts to suit but I need the info.. Also does anybody know if someone still sells the 860cc upgrade kit. I found 1 but havent heard from the company as yet so im thinking they are no longer in business. they are a kit with cylinder, pistons, rings and gaskets.. could i bore my cylinders out and just buy pistons maybe? im desperately seeking some specs hopefully someone knows some
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 02:24 AM

Did you read this recent thread ?

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6389
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 03:30 AM

New Site Garage
Click on your link and check the last two posts Adam.... Lol

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 07:17 AM

It was early lol...

I just sent him another Eprom tune that should help him as well, guess we'll have to start over if this goes ahead.

What's the rules on racing over there if he ups the engine size ?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 07:13 PM

New Site Garage
I think the class he races in accepts just about anything Adam, I'll wait to hear what Clint says. I think finding a 1000 motor would be easier.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

yes finding a 1000cc engine is easier, but if i put the 1000 in means i have to change to the F1 class.. and lose all my points from the F2 class.. I want to stay in my class, as I'm leading and I do like the 750.. And yep Donsy you're right there are pretty much no rules in the class apart from tyres teh size and year of bike also dictates what class. I could probably get away with bolting 1000cc cylinders to my crank case, if that was possible lol it's just now we are hitting the longer tracks, the other boys on the 998, 916 dukes and as i thought the 675s are quicker down the straight.. With Phillip Island and Eastern Creek still to go , I really need to step up.. I'm buying lighter wheels and getting my suspension re done so that'll help a bit.. I'm also trying to find a cheap pit starter so I can lose the starter motor, at least if I'm still down on power I can try and improve the power to weight. I train hard and only weigh 63kgs so can't go down much there. I can't believe how hard it is to find actual specs and parts.. I've found pages for ducatis aprilias etc where all the camshafts, cylinders ports etc are on one page. Ive found a guy who who can make some billet stuff if I can't find any however as youd imagine its very pricey and he still needs the specs to make them. I was hoping at least to be able to get cams and pistons from the spr and just port the heads a bit.. the spr is 2mm bigger port that much i have found out. I need to undercut the gearbox as well, to solve down shift problems. and yep Adam everytime you send me another eprom it improves a small bit its great but we still need more lol.. I thought someone must have raced 750s when they first came out, but so far havent found anything..
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

and merc i asked you if we where going to have to start again if I alter the motor lol
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2016, 07:15 AM

How much time off do you have between race weekends for testing / setup ?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2016, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

well between the national rounds which are what im concentrating on i have a fair bit of time.. i was planning on doing the rebuild before the next round but ive bought those rims of draggin so that blows most the budget for anything else between the next round im hoping to get my suspension kitted before it to.. But in about 2 weeks i might enter our local state round and try and do some set up there. we can really only do testing at race events as i cant afford to hire a track here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode