F4 750 and 750 SPR specs - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 05:17 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

F4 750 and 750 SPR specs

Hey all not sure if should put in the race section or here.I'm looking into doing an upgrade on the race motor of my old F4 750. so far we are leading the championship but the other guys are quick. I'm wondering if anyone has built a race motor and what specs have worked. Or seeing as apparently the SPR motor has around 15hp more what specs did they do to get that. I'm thinking of new pistons and rings, camshafts and some head work as well undercutting the gearbox and maybe I', thinking 1000 fuel injectors. Then where does everyone get their engine parts from? I'm having a lot of problems finding parts. I can get some standard stuff but thats all I've found
cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
SPR had hand finished intake ports and titanium valves for one thing. Cams and other parts are same, I think!?!
Big difference is the gearbox has some different ratios. Taller first and closer top 2 if memory serves...someone here knows for certain.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 11:20 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
The SPR has a slightly different cylinder head design, with modified inlet tracks and redesigned combustion chamber.

The pistons are "MAHLE" with cooling oil jets, and the bores are coated with some slippery s**t that helps reduce friction .

The primary transmission has shorter ratios, and a slightly beefed up reinforced clutch. As Ed stated, the SPR comes with a close ratio gearbox with a stupidly long first gear ( as the SENNA ).

Be careful going down the SPR engine route, as parts for these motors are no longer available... Not even the head gasket, which became unavailable a couple of years ago.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2016, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

well cheers for that.. i found another thread somewhere that said the cams are bigger and yeah the heads ported differently. im really hoping to find some specs ie the cam grind angle and size of ports etc.. i probably wont bother changing my gearbox ratio as so far gearing is ok on the tracks.. just been altering my sprockets. We will do our own porting work, and if i can get the specs on cams ill just get a cam grinder to make me some.. just hoping to get a good point to start from..
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 07:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Gasket,

Cams and pistons are different

valves are the same

SPR intakes are polished

head gaskets are the same

cylinders are the same

I believe EPROMs are different

tranny ratios totally different

SPR
1. 14x37....2.642
2. 16x33....2.062
3. 15x27....1.800
4. 19x30....1.578
5. 23x33....1.434
6. 18x24....1.333

1. 13x38....2.923
2. 14x31....2.214
3. 18x32....1.777
4. 20x30....1.500
5. 22x29....1.318
6. 21x25....1.190

and 750 primary ratios are different than 910/1000/1078s so the clutch baskets are

different

I doubt you'll find anyone that will grind a stupid MV cam....... they are the only radial

valve engines made.......for a reason

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 07:59 PM

Thumbs up ?

Recommended cam grinder for MV's

www.kelford.co.nz

They make performance cams for MV's

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 10:00 PM
JDS
King of Bling

Noel

The SPR valves are different from the Oro & S 750 models.. The stem diameter on the SPR valves are thinner.. Also some of the head gasket thickness options are no longer available from MV..

EMAIL :
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 09:40 PM

Thumbs up ?

John;

there is a mistake in the parts manual......

SPR intake valves have a reduced section (streamlined) between the head of the valve

and the stem that bears on the valve guide

the valve guides, keepers, retainers, seals and spring seats are all the same

the valves are interchangeable.......with a small loss of of performance using 750

valves in an SPR

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 03:10 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Noel

There's loads of mistakes in all the parts manuals... Dozens and dozens of errors.

I'll give you a quick example... Check the part number quoted for the lower triple fork clamp on Startwins parts finder web site.

Pay special attention to which Limited Edition models came with magnesium parts and which models didn't.

EMAIL :
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

all good info.. yeah i managed to track down that the spr has a different head the ports are in a different position and they are 2mm larger than a standard 750.. the cams on the spr are bigger lift longer duration, tho I am unable to find the specs.. I'll check that mob in NZ see what they have to say cheers knurl. I also found that info on the mahle pistons, and I cant find anyone who sells them, having said that I cant find anyone that sells standard pistons. Also the valves are titanium in the spr.. but again cant find actual sizes or if anyone finds them.. The eprom was different but thats no biggy as I use different eproms anyway.. so now I just need to find parts.. I'm thinking of just proting the head out a bit. ill call that mob in nz see if they do cams.. wondering if I need to go bigger injectors maybe that 1000 set up.. but im not an enginer by any stretch i just know how to twist a throttle well.. Ill see what others say.. knurl i emailed fast by faraci on their contact page as that was all i could find but havent heard back also havent heard back from mv factory either.. Wish theyd help me make their bike win a championship lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode