Post 2010 carrier/carrier cover on a pre-2010 F4? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Post 2010 carrier/carrier cover on a pre-2010 F4?

Can anyone tell me if I can use a post-2010 F4 sprocket carrier setup on a pre-2010 F4? Or why I can't? I am curious as I'm finding a lot more options for an aftermarket setup for a post 2010 F4. Thanks!!

"When you cannot ride de bike, you are very quiet at home in de sofa." -Rossi
I'm Curtis...
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For used MV parts, look up my ebay user ID; "cbmx101"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-11-2016, 10:45 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink ?

2010+ cush drives with the paddles don't seem have the life of the old style round

rubbers.....I'm coming up on 32,000mi.....tight as new

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
2010+ cush drives with the paddles don't seem have the life of the old style round

rubbers.....I'm coming up on 32,000mi.....tight as new

As far as hub sizes though and what not it should work though as long as I get some newer style cush drives to go in the carrier? Same sprockets work too? I haven't looked at one up close to compare. The carrier cover doesn't have any bolt holes, so does the axle nut just hold it on vs. the bolts in the old round cush drives?

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

Last edited by Draginknee; 04-12-2016 at 05:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Ok, let's try this. Can someone tell me if the pre-2010 and post 2010 axles dimensions are the same? I see two different part numbers for both axles, but the part number for the pre-2010 axle on Startwin has $0 next to it, leading me to believe that they just updated the part number...

800092888 - Pre 2010
8000B3198 - Post 2010

I know there is a way to swap for a 2010+ hub into a pre-2010 bike, so I am I on the right thought path of being able to use 2010+ chain side parts on a pre-2010? Anybody?

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

I found this in my searching... but no updated results from those who posted...

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43323

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 09:23 AM

New Site Garage
The axles are different because of the difference in bearings, the diameters are the same man, they use the same nuts and stands.
Have a look at the hub installations which have been discussed quite severely mate, this might help you. FWIW, ill stick to the older version for ever, even Camiers WSBK has reverted back.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
The axles are different because of the difference in bearings, the diameters are the same man, they use the same nuts and stands.
Have a look at the hub installations which have been discussed quite severely mate, this might help you. FWIW, ill stick to the older version for ever, even Camiers WSBK has reverted back.
Well I'll be using a DC hub for a pre-2010, and I want to use my axle I already have. I have no desire to change axles or hubs. I was just curious if I could fit a post 2010 carrier, cush drives, flange, and sprocket as they seem to be more prevalent and affordable vs. for a pre-2010. Or why I shouldn't, besides Noel chiming in about cush drive life.

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 09:41 AM

New Site Garage
Can't help you there mate, it's all about the carrier spacing to hub clearance and lining up the rear sprocket with the front.
FWIW, they seem to be pretty cheap on eBay in standard trim if you want to try that first.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Can't help you there mate, it's all about the carrier spacing to hub clearance and lining up the rear sprocket with the front.
FWIW, they seem to be pretty cheap on eBay in standard trim if you want to try that first.
Bugger. I looked on ebay here in the U.S. and couldn't find one. The aftermarket post 2010 carriers from AEM take oem sprockets... also even with having to pick up some newer style cush drives, in total it is $250 less for a complete set up using your own sprocket. That's a big price difference, and I would imagine less weight as you are cutting out the old style cush drive studs and bolts out of your total weight. Maybe I'll post something up in the marketplace to see if anyone here has a spare setup they could sell me or lend so I can try it out and see.

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-16-2016, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

I actually like this look quite a bit... just imagine a TI sprocket and gold chain on it... I think that would be pretty cool.
Attached Images

I'm Curtis...
Email:

Facebook:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode