F4 Rearset options with strain gauge EAS/quickshifters - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

F4 Rearset options with strain gauge EAS/quickshifters

so my lanky legs cant really saddle in on my new 2013 F4 base. My old 1090rr was just as bad, but had the eccentric pivoting pegs that helped a bit.

I want to put in an order in on Monday for some rear sets and would like so feedback from old and new F4 or B4 riders. I've been researching buying a set since I bought my brutale last year... and honestly, I no closer to making a decision than i was a year ago..

I like: moto corse, lightech(old version) and bonamici racing rearsets. Kindaa like the idea that I can get lightech rearsets, a stand and engine protection for less than the cost of certain rearset options alone..Comfort/ergo likes: pegs to be an inch lower vertically and an inch back horizontally.

But.. I dont really like shift linkages and would prefer to stay with the factory direct shift setup with the original strain guage bolted to it. I dont mind buying rearsets that come with linkage-type-shifting as I can always delete that part and keep the stock shift lever.

I'll admit.. although I want comfort, I am basing my purchase decision on how I like the looks of the rearsets on the bike(like for instance I dont like the universal-fit-look of the 4X4 grid of exposed holes of an adjuster plate), and like the fact that the fixed peg Lightech rearests can be found on sale for less than $400, as are the bonamici's..

Pics to share?! Thoughts or suggestions?(other than to contact our vendors - which I have most certainly already perused their online stores)

I ask for pics cos even lightech's UK site has conflicting product images: http://www.lightechuk.com/lightech-m...ts-12093-p.asp

I am leaning more towards the lightechs.. older style, less money(the "R" version is newer/pricier).
Attached Images

Last edited by drunkentrader; 04-03-2016 at 04:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Yup, thats the same set I got. Just came in the other day. I installed it and was happy with the overall build quality(except some of the bolts that looked like hardware-store grade).. problem is it doesnt really offer the range of adjustment I was hoping for(youll notice I swapped the pegs L for R just to get an extra few mm's by placing the offset upside down).. I have it as low and back as it will go in order to fit my 34" inseam, but I could still use another inch more.. it moves the pegs back about an inch and a half.

They are nice rearsets though for the money.. If i can find a nice black cnc shifter lever I may delete the linkage assembly.. may also buy the moto corse adaptor that adds more adjustability...
Attached Images

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 04:48 AM

You can't go wrong with Sato racing rearsets they have lots of adjustments.

http://www.satoracing.com/rearsetsagustaf4.htm

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, not sure why they didnt make the moto corse plates like many other rearset adaptor kits ive seen that have the connector plate recessed back flush with the frame(they could have done it artfully too as Ive seen really clean looking ones on other bikes.. )

I will probably still go with them, the reward for comfort is tooo great. One less distraction to worry about.. Gonna put some miles on her this weekend and make a decision on monday whether to order them or not.

The Satos seem cool, never heard anyone say anything negative about them. But their "max range" of adjustment listed on their website makes me think its even less than the lightechs..

POSITIONS

1 20mm Forward 10mm Down
2 10nmm Forward 10mm Down
3 0mm 10mm Down
4 10mm Forward 0mm
5 0mm 0mm
6 10mm Back 0mm
7 10mm Forward 10mm Up
8 0mm 10mm Up
9 10mm Back 10mm Up

Last edited by drunkentrader; 04-14-2016 at 08:28 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2016, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

ordered the moto corse adaptor plates in black(about $160 shipped to Cali from site sponser Design Corse). had i known this was the case I may have bit the bullet and gone with all moto corse, including the foot levers($400, sigh..) It's a struggle trying to avoid getting bit by the moto corse bug.

I know why the moto corse adaptor look bulky instead of recessed behind the frame and set flush like others ---- there isnt the clearance to move back further without hitting the swingarm(or at least having the shift linkage interfere)

I'll let everyone know how it looks and feels after they arrive... if i can offset 5-10mm down and 5-10mm back I should have the legroom I need.

On a side note: Never forget to use Locktite on your shift linkages... I got lazy/sloppy with mine(Im gonna blame the mild concussion and smashed elbow and knee from a different 2-wheeled accident days prior to install for not giving me the strength to do things right) ... the jam nut holding the shift rod vibrated lose and was stuck riding in 3rd gear on the highway till I could exit(surprisingly, you can start off in 3rd, cafefully, without laboring the engine on this corsa corta engine) and re attach sans jam nut. Yeah.. bummer.. and good luck trying to find reverse thread jam nuts at your local hardware or auto parts store.. Well, at least I got to order some black anodize replacement bolts along with my jam nut order..

Last edited by drunkentrader; 04-17-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode