Additional lights - Page 4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 10:50 AM

New Site Garage
Driving lights!

I have installed multiple location and types of driving light on the TVL. I have settled on this, and not only the best install aesthetically but it does function real well.

No one is going to ruin this day for me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:16 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpkin View Post
We might use slightly different terminology ES, to me back-order means that the factory have no stock, placing an order in this scenario results in it being fulfilled once the factory has some more delivered from their supplier. Is that what your dealer is telling you?

Maybe in the US there's an importer in the middle, I can see that being problematic given the current situation.

Maybe there's been a run on these now that they're available, though my dealer stated on the phone that he ordered 20 from the factory yesterday.
Looking at the reference you mentioned few post before, it seems it's not available for US, JP and CAN markets (last digit is different): found the reference on a site with all the MV Agusta parts.
On my side, I'm contacting the seller to check with them if this magic part is already mounted or not.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Looking forward for MVArdeche event in 2019
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 02:58 PM

franka65

wow that looks so good! slick, and fits in with the rest of the bike. what make is it and how did you fit it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 12:48 PM

New Site Garage
Hi Bumpkin!

Quote:
I've chased the factory on this issue and they have been surprisingly responsive which is encouraging; first confirming that the lead now exists and secondly confirming stock availability and the part number.

Ed Cosker's, my local dealer, have ordered 20 of them so they should be in stock there later next week or the beginning of the week after. I'm in for some warranty work on Thursday 16th so hopefully they'll be there by then.

No ideas on cost yet, will have to wait and see.

Part number is 8000C2766.
Could you please confirm this is working as expected with the new part?

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 07:09 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
Could you please confirm this is working as expected with the new part?
Marc, the wiring adapter does what it claims to do. In other words when on low beam you get just that. On high beam you get the combined high and low beam on together which is a distinct improvement on the way it was when new with just the high beam. It's certainly worth the relatively low cost and a bit of work to fit

However, it could be better as the spread, above the low beam cut-off line, isn't that great. The almost spotlight pattern of the high beam is still just that above the cut-off. Ideally a little more spread in this area would be welcome. However, I fully accept that this is beyond the capabilities of a wiring modification and would require a new headlight reflector. The only real way to improve things further is by fitting axillary lighting.

These days my riding is recreational and predominantly in daylight. As a result I'm happy with the improvement that the adapter brings. My previous bike was a VFR800 and the 4x H7 headlights on high beam bettered most cars for illumination, truly impressive in that respect.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
The Following User Says Thank You to Bumpkin For This Useful Post:
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 01:19 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Marc, the wiring adapter does what it claims to do. In other words when on low beam you get just that. On high beam you get the combined high and low beam on together which is a distinct improvement on the way it was when new with just the high beam. It's certainly worth the relatively low cost and a bit of work to fit

However, it could be better as the spread, above the low beam cut-off line, isn't that great. The almost spotlight pattern of the high beam is still just that above the cut-off. Ideally a little more spread in this area would be welcome. However, I fully accept that this is beyond the capabilities of a wiring modification and would require a new headlight reflector. The only real way to improve things further is by fitting axillary lighting.

These days my riding is recreational and predominantly in daylight. As a result I'm happy with the improvement that the adapter brings. My previous bike was a VFR800 and the 4x H7 headlights on high beam bettered most cars for illumination, truly impressive in that respect.
Ok. Thanks. I was asking because the shop where I'm buying mine seems unaware of this. I asked them to ask the question to the factory, and in the meantime started to do some research. Apparently the Edition 2 of the Workshop Manual clearly states when you look at the wiring checks that both low and high beam projectors should be running when on high beam. I'll get this fixed before considering additional lights. However, clearly, compared to my current Monster, anything may do better...

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 05:29 PM

New Site Garage
Got the TV today. Did about 140 kilometers today. Last 70 were night ride, Temperature 6-7°C, small and curvy roads, in pre mountain area.

Lighting is as described by some before the change mentioned by Bumpkin. My dealer is not yet aware of any change in this area. I asked them to query the factory on this. I may be the only one of their customer riding during the night. Hopefully, they'll have an answer soon.

Bumpkin, could you please detail how long it took to do the change, and what was the cost?

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 08:06 PM

New Site Garage
[quote=franka65;2201841]I have installed multiple location and types of driving light on the TVL. I have settled on this, and not only the best install aesthetically but it does function real well.

would you mind telling us what setup this is?

D
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 03:07 PM

New Site Garage
[quote=urdrvideo;2385114]
Quote:
Originally Posted by franka65 View Post
I have installed multiple location and types of driving light on the TVL. I have settled on this, and not only the best install aesthetically but it does function real well.

would you mind telling us what setup this is?

D
I did this myself, with a mix of parts I chose. I wasn't going to spend unnecessary amounts of $$$ buying the name brands. Its brighter than the stock headlight, and follows the steering. The beam spreads the road for side to side illumination.

No one is going to ruin this day for me!
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 08:47 AM

New Site Garage
[quote=franka65;2387570]
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdrvideo View Post

I did this myself, with a mix of parts I chose. I wasn't going to spend unnecessary amounts of $$$ buying the name brands. Its brighter than the stock headlight, and follows the steering. The beam spreads the road for side to side illumination.

Thanks... I am unconcerned about the brand as well, just looking for info on where you sourced the light bar from since you have experience with it. It far too easy to end up with cheap junk these days, and at the same time you can find top notch stuff as well. Word of mouth is the best advertisement.

D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode