Sprocket sizes? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

Sprocket sizes?

Hi all,

I have 02 750 F4. I am thinking of dropping one tooth on the front sprocket. From a 14 to a 13. Are there any problems with chain clearance, and can I still use the same 520 chain. Also anybody know if the gearing becomes to short. I am looking for the best of both worlds. Road riding and track.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Anyone?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 12:07 PM

i think most people just deal with the rear with a quick change carrier. that would be the most flexible option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 01:09 PM

If you have an 02 it is a 15T stock. Move to 15/43. 13 is WAY too tight in my opinion.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 05:57 AM
Established Member

I am just about to get my Brutale to the local garage because the petrol pump has packed up. The garage said that they were getting a few through now? Anyway at the same time I am getting the cat removed and he had recommended 2 teeth off the back sprocket as there will be more torque and this will help me to use it (i.e. lower revs).

Does anyone have ano other suggestions to be done at the same time.

John
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by john348
I am just about to get my Brutale to the local garage because the petrol pump has packed up. The garage said that they were getting a few through now? Anyway at the same time I am getting the cat removed and he had recommended 2 teeth off the back sprocket as there will be more torque and this will help me to use it (i.e. lower revs).

Does anyone have ano other suggestions to be done at the same time.

John
2 teeth off the back sprocket? Will that not make the acceleration less?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC
If you have an 02 it is a 15T stock. Move to 15/43. 13 is WAY too tight in my opinion.

Hi James,

So 2 teeth up on the back sprocket. I will check the front sprocket when I get home? If it is 15, then I agree that 13 will be to tight. How about a 14/41?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Established Member

2 teeth off the back sprocket (this could get confusing with the 2 threads of 2 teeth). The man in the shop just said that the cat removal gave much better torque so 'lowering' the revs means you can use it better and not so manic especially on top and just cruising. I am not sure what difference the no cat will make anyway.

My other bike is a Cagiva with a Duc 900 engine so there is a big difference in revs when I swap from bike to bike. and tends to make me reach for another gear when just cruising.

John
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge
Hi James,

So 2 teeth up on the back sprocket. I will check the front sprocket when I get home? If it is 15, then I agree that 13 will be to tight. How about a 14/41?
I am not a fan of 14 either but that's just me Make sure you order the correct part number for the '02+ bikes. The 00 and 01 are different and all aftermarket cs sprockets that I know of are for the 00/01.

with 15/43 you won't need to add any links, if that was the concern. I also like 15/42 if your riding for that sprocket isn't so tight and technical or will involve street or track with long straights.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 04:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
I would just go up in the rear as well. The chain doesn't have to bend any extra because of a smaller front sprocket. Also, a lower set of teeth on the FRONT places additional load on the shaft, as it's spinning faster due to the smaller diameter sprocket.

Go up on the rear, and get a quick release carrier.

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode