Rear sets for F4 - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Question Rear sets for F4

As I get more used to my bike, I'm finding the foot pegs are too far forward for my liking, even when I have them adjusted as far back as possible, I find my legs are seizing up with the footrest position as it is. After a 100 miles or so in the saddle I'm getting cramp in the top of my legs. Bear in mind I'm only 5'7". I would think it would be worse for a taller rider. Has anybody got aftermarket rear sets fitted and if so what are your conclusions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Keep one wheel down!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 06:17 PM

We have some good choices.

Gilles, Performanceparts.de, Motowheels(Febur Italy), Sato, Valtermoto and MotoCorse(non adjustable)...

I have Valtermoto Tipo 3.5:

Here is a better view on Hereticus' bike that sold me on them last year:

I chose valtermoto because they are very adjustable and they sponsored the superstock and Ital superbike MV teams last year when GIMOTORSPORTS was running their first season (Ianuzzo). I don't favour the linkage rearsets like Gilles/Sato. Grip is great on the Valtermoto and I've heard the same about Sato and Teuchert's from performanceparts.de.

Performanceparts.de here (peg is on eccentric for adjustment):

With description:
http://www.performanceparts.de/index...3001s002_1.htm

JamesC

post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesC
MotoCorse(non adjustable)...
James,

MotoCorse rearsets - peg has two adjustments (see attached photo).

Not that it makes that big a difference!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-12-2006, 07:24 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Thanks emoto for the Moto Corse pix, I read that those were adjustable but have never known "HOW "they are adjustable.

O D O N A T A

post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 11:03 AM

Thanks Emoto

I also forgot about the German rearsets that MV sells now (and found on Veltro):

http://www.mvagusta-parts.com/e_startseite.html

JamesC

post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-15-2006, 04:51 PM

James, agreed they are stunning, even nicer in real life - we will be stocking them very soon!
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 12:37 AM
Established Member

james, those are really nice, but.... Imagine all your weight coming down on them after a a bump or something if you were out of the seat.. all the pressure is on one point which is connected by an allen bolt through an aluminium part??? hmm- they just seem like they would rotate around that single point.. are they burly enough??

Coleman.

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
As I get more used to my bike, I'm finding the foot pegs are too far forward for my liking, even when I have them adjusted as far back as possible, I find my legs are seizing up with the footrest position as it is. After a 100 miles or so in the saddle I'm getting cramp in the top of my legs. Bear in mind I'm only 5'7". I would think it would be worse for a taller rider. Has anybody got aftermarket rear sets fitted and if so what are your conclusions.
I'm the same height as you and had the same problem, I knocked up a couple of Ally brackets at work just to see what the max adjustment of the Gilles would be before I purchased them, I also wanted them further back but also further down as well, most rearsets only go further back and up, I made these brackets about 3 years back now for my 750, then transferred them to the 1000, they do make life better!! I may one day make a better pair or buy a pukka set of rearsets, Todd in the States has his eye on these from Acculign, I'm waiting to see how the MV set turn out
Attached Images

Last edited by mikef4uk; 06-10-2006 at 04:56 PM.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 06:35 PM

Hello:

Another possible option from Sato Racing

http://www.satoracing.com/rearsetsagustaf4.htm

Jeff
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-13-2006, 07:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Matty
dont forget the rizoma rearsets.....

Matty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode