Mirror Plugs - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Mirror Plugs

Hey Guys! Happy Friday to all. Looking to install CRG mirrors on the R and wondering if anyone knows of a company that sells plugs to fit the holes left when taking off the stock mirrors. Any help would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 10:47 AM

MVItalian...was also thinking about the installation for this weekend. I need to swing by the dealer and see the extension/adapter for the bars as well. Do you know how this works? I like the different colored bar end now...hope this can be retained
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVorBMW
MVItalian...was also thinking about the installation for this weekend. I need to swing by the dealer and see the extension/adapter for the bars as well. Do you know how this works? I like the different colored bar end now...hope this can be retained
Spoke with Gladio/Jack and he has his installed without the adapters. He thought they would be better with the adapters though. I too like the different colored bar end. I'm going to hold off on the mirrors until I can find a plug for the original mirror spot.

How are you enjoying the bike? I just love it! Does your right hand go numb from the throttle? Man mine does. Don't know if the spring is set too tight or what but this is the first bike that's happened to me on. How many miles now? When I had it in for the suspension the tech said it was running rich but that would be taken care of at the 600 mile service. I see that all MV's run rich according to the threads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 02:36 PM

you may want to check the MVFAQ. there is a post on removing one of the throttle springs to address this problem.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVITALIAN
Spoke with Gladio/Jack and he has his installed without the adapters. He thought they would be better with the adapters though. I too like the different colored bar end. I'm going to hold off on the mirrors until I can find a plug for the original mirror spot.

How are you enjoying the bike? I just love it! Does your right hand go numb from the throttle? Man mine does. Don't know if the spring is set too tight or what but this is the first bike that's happened to me on. How many miles now? When I had it in for the suspension the tech said it was running rich but that would be taken care of at the 600 mile service. I see that all MV's run rich according to the threads.
I absolutely love the bike. I have about 350 miles and have commuted all week. No problem on the right hand. My only issue is the dealer thought I had too much play in my chain. I'm just hoping the exhaust arrives relatively soon so I can time the installation with the 600 mile service. Or I may have to ride one of my other bikes to time it properly! I actually took a 750F4 for a spin...and realized how much I prefer the upright riding position. I had worried about the black wheels but really like them. A little more contrast would be ideal (a red frame perhaps?) but dynamically perfect in my book
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 03:10 PM

What about the Rizoma mirrors?? Anyone tried them? Do they give a better view?. I'll also be installing the CRG barend this weekend.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 04:00 PM
Established Member

I put a set of CRG's on yesterday; MAJOR improvement in rearward visibility. I'm not normally a fan of bar end mirrors, but these look really nice on the 910R.

I didn't use the bar end adapters as I still wanted the stock barends for added protection. So I made a small (about 1/4") spacer to slide over the bar end, moving it out enough to use the stock barend as the clamp site. It's very tight and more protective than the CRG adapters, in my opinion.

I know it's not great, but at least for now to plug the stock mirror holes I went to a TrueValue hardware and got a couple 1/4" plastic hole plugs. If you want the fit a little tighter you could use a little silicone.
Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode