Mirrors/turnsignals - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Mirrors/turnsignals

I was hoping someone could describe with as much dedtail as possible the way the F4 mirrors attach to the post behind the fairing. I am trying to see if I can put some of the F4 mirrors on my Ducati 748.

What does the wiring look like? how far apart are the bolts that attach the mirrors? Send pictures to [email protected] if you can I would appreciate it.

thanks for your time, I know you guys will help me out considering the same guy that designed my bike, designed yours!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 05:01 PM

I surely doubt anyone here will help you....we are ALL MV SNOBS and we turn our noses up at anything else!

Just Kidding....Welcome, there are alot of knowledgeable people here, someone is bound to answer your question! Just not me!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 05:13 PM

I'd definately like to see pics if you do get them installed on the Ducati.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna750
I was hoping someone could describe with as much dedtail as possible the way the F4 mirrors attach to the post behind the fairing. I am trying to see if I can put some of the F4 mirrors on my Ducati 748.

What does the wiring look like? how far apart are the bolts that attach the mirrors? Send pictures to [email protected] if you can I would appreciate it.

thanks for your time, I know you guys will help me out considering the same guy that designed my bike, designed yours!!!

Our nose is designed to pop off quickly. The mirror base is bolted to a fairing stay that is metal and has little spring loaded contacts that mate to the electrical covers ahead of the air tubes. This way no wiring is needed to pull all the fairings off.

Wiring goes out the mirror bottom and is banded to the fairing stay. It's bolted to the bottom of the fairing stay for that spring loaded contact I mentioned.

Pics would probably help. No idea on measurements centre to centre for the mirror bolts. Can have a look tonight and get back...

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2006, 11:47 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Senna750, welcome...

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:07 AM

[QUOTE=senna750]I was hoping someone could describe with as much dedtail as possible the way the F4 mirrors attach to the post behind the fairing. I am trying to see if I can put some of the F4 mirrors on my Ducati 748. [QUOTE]

I was wanting to do a similar sort of thing - put the Duc mirrors with indicators and mirror in one (999/749??) on my ST3. Instead of looking MV at mirrors, maybe check out late model Ducatis (I know the Duc version is not as nice as the MV ones ).... , but more likely to fit as they have the thinner stem.

Doc
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:18 AM

Hi all,

Since we on the subject of mirrors, who actually uses their MV mirrors?

Jorge
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:55 AM

Send a message via MSN to machine748s
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge
Hi all,

Since we on the subject of mirrors, who actually uses their MV mirrors?

Jorge
My new Alpinestar gloves are just wonderful...
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 02:13 AM

Cool

MV mirrors... I love the view of all that leather.................................

I always look over my shoulder, but the MV mirror work fine for me if I lift my elbow and look under it.... still most of the time the idea is to be WAY out in front....

Doc
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 02:19 AM
Smile

As JamesC says the design is quite neat really, the wiring can be a bugger to feed through the mirror housing though. The way the wires make contact witht the rest of the loom through a metallic pad is also unique. I wouldn't put them on a Duke myself, but it'd be interested to see some photos if you do manage it.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode