microtec map - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

microtec map

Hi I just got a used microtec from another member and I would like to see if anybody would share his custom map with me ( I know that is not gointg to be perfect different bike and location)I just want a map to start up my bike is a 2012 F4R with rg4 slip on and decat header.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 02:12 AM

New Site Garage
Contact Chris at X-bikes.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 03:54 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poser8261980 View Post
Hi I just got a used microtec from another member and I would like to see if anybody would share his custom map with me ( I know that is not gointg to be perfect different bike and location)I just want a map to start up my bike is a 2012 F4R with rg4 slip on and decat header.
Poser8261980

Good luck with that mate. When I posted a similar thread six months back it was mysteriously 'pulled' a day later. I was, like you looking for a map for my 1078 Brutale, the original having been lost by both my lack of knowledge of the Microtec program and a lousy tuner. This was a new unit purchased from Xbikes.

I even requested screen shots of maps but the thread 'disappeared'. Anyway you're welcome to try some of mine as a starting point. I know they're completely different bikes but it may give you a start. I've learnt a lot through very subtle changes to maps. I have a shitload. After two years I finally have maps I'm happy with. There are no decent tuners within 1000k's of me to see how good they are but I'm happy with the performance and taught myself a fair bit in the process.

Chris has been very helpful when I've managed to track him down but I never got a map from him. So I'll throw a line out again: - anybody got a map from a dyno tune for a 1078RR running either a full Arrow system or HP Corse system? I'd be interested to get one or just a screen shot of one. As I said I have a lot of maps too if anyones interested.

Cheers

Deano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 04:56 AM

New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Poser8261980

Good luck with that mate. When I posted a similar thread six months back it was mysteriously 'pulled' a day later. I was, like you looking for a map for my 1078 Brutale, the original having been lost by both my lack of knowledge of the Microtec program and a lousy tuner. This was a new unit purchased from Xbikes.

I even requested screen shots of maps but the thread 'disappeared'. Anyway you're welcome to try some of mine as a starting point. I know they're completely different bikes but it may give you a start. I've learnt a lot through very subtle changes to maps. I have a shitload. After two years I finally have maps I'm happy with. There are no decent tuners within 1000k's of me to see how good they are but I'm happy with the performance and taught myself a fair bit in the process.

Chris has been very helpful when I've managed to track him down but I never got a map from him. So I'll throw a line out again: - anybody got a map from a dyno tune for a 1078RR running either a full Arrow system or HP Corse system? I'd be interested to get one or just a screen shot of one. As I said I have a lot of maps too if anyones interested.

Cheers

Deano
You're thread's still on the forum Deano, maybe just relocated. If you are looking for one of your own threads, and this happens often, click on your own name, then "view public profile" and then select "Find all threads started by Deano" or "Find all post's by Deano".

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 05:47 AM

New Site Garage
Got it now. Buggered where it went at the time. Cheers Donsey.

Deano
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 08:02 AM
X81

Dean, i'll get a new map out to you, i'll be doing a 1078 soon so will send that over, maybe blending that with what you've acheived yourself might move things further forward.

poser> I sell maps to new customers of secondhand units, i don't give them away for free i'm afraid. Customers who pruchase from me obviosuly get all this sort of stuff for free as part of the initial pruchase deal, people buying units secondhand either get lucky with having tghe same bike as the original (does happen quite abit actually) or pruchase the relevant map from me that gets them somewhere close. I hope you understand
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
Poser8261980

Cheers

Deano
I put out there just to see if somebody will help me, I send a email to xbike
but they want like $250 for their map because I did not buy from them so I call motor forza in florida and they will do a custom map for $350.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 10:07 AM
X81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poser8261980 View Post
I put out there just to see if somebody will help me, I send a email to xbike
but they want like $250 for their map because I did not buy from them so I call motor forza in florida and they will do a custom map for $350.

Hi,

You raise an interesting point that i think needs exploring further and possibly a bit of clarity offering. As you emailed me you'll already know that i said the one off charge is for the map and as much free follow on tech help as you or the tuning centre can handle or require.

There is a reason i charge for my intellectual property these days and it's mainly down to having had work stolen and others pass it off as their own, my goodwill turned around against me for others to profit from and my general enthusiasm for this industry being slowly eroded by people failing to understand the complexities of a modern fuel injection map so now i charge. I know this sounds harsh and a bit pompous and i don't mean it to but where it not for me and a few goodwilled customers i doubt anyone on this forum let alone the larger MV Agusta community would have even heard of Microtec let alone want one fitted to their bike. My first map took me weeks to finalise and compared to the maps i write now was nowhere near as involved as they have now become.

In the next few months i hope to have some updated 2012RR maps available, which as a paying customer you would be entitled to for free, like ALL customers that purchase either an ECU or map from me are.

All the best
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X81 View Post
Hi,

You raise an interesting point that i think needs exploring further and possibly a bit of clarity offering. As you emailed me you'll already know that i said the one off charge is for the map and as much free follow on tech help as you or the tuning centre can handle or require.

There is a reason i charge for my intellectual property these days and it's mainly down to having had work stolen and others pass it off as their own, my goodwill turned around against me for others to profit from and my general enthusiasm for this industry being slowly eroded by people failing to understand the complexities of a modern fuel injection map so now i charge. I know this sounds harsh and a bit pompous and i don't mean it to but where it not for me and a few goodwilled customers i doubt anyone on this forum let alone the larger MV Agusta community would have even heard of Microtec let alone want one fitted to their bike. My first map took me weeks to finalise and compared to the maps i write now was nowhere near as involved as they have now become.

In the next few months i hope to have some updated 2012RR maps available, which as a paying customer you would be entitled to for free, like ALL customers that purchase either an ECU or map from me are.

All the best
X81 I'm not try to make it look like is wrong for you to charge for you map I perfectly understand that you go a business to run and by all mean I'm contemplating support you just for the fact that I don't have to drive 400 miles to get my bike dyno. You service is very convenient. Sorry if you take the other way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode