dynotune brutale 1090r dynotune - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

dynotune brutale 1090r dynotune

Just installed the pcv and dynotune it I already had arrow pro racing exhaust baseline was 130hp after tune hp is 139.5.with stock filter and she's running fine..next is quick shifter and bmc race filter ...any thoughts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 02:07 PM

seems low. I had mine run on a Dynojet certified dyno and it ran 156. Same set up as yours
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 06:01 PM

comes with I think, 144 hp at the crank, so seems pretty good at the wheel, I have no idea where some of these figures are coming from, mine is a 1078 and I pulled 142hp at the wheel. Now obviously seems to me that not all these Dyno centre results are set up the same. So I would not put to much faith in there results.

cheers eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 06:31 PM

My '13 RR was just on the dyno and posted 144 RHP with the Arrow decat pipe and 159 RHP with a Microtec - which we had to deinstall because it didn't support ABS.

I've been trying to decide between a Rexxer reflash or a PCV - leaning towards the Rexxer - how much of an improvement did the PCV make on your bike?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 1090RR
2010 Multistrada
2006 Sport Classic 1000
2008 Husky 610TE
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
Now obviously seems to me that not all these Dyno centre results are set up the same. So I would not put to much faith in there results.

cheers eddy

Precisely. Comparing dyno results between different shops is basically an exercise in futility, it provides an indication at best.

When it comes to tuning the safety of the tune, driveability/rideability and HP figures before and after on the same dyno are all that matter. The rest is just dick measuring
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 07:02 PM

hp comes from a good and managed A/F RATIO , sorry thats probably incorrect, it will smooth out your bike by adjusting the A/F mix ,running at 13.2 to 1 fuel mixture. Now I would say you could get more hp out of the bike by changing this mixture. Chris from X bikes is the guru on this and especially with ignition tables. Any way this is my limited Knowledge on this matter ,all I know is my bike pulls great and is dead smooth and that's what I wanted ,144hp 149 hp 152 hp I don't even notice the difference ,I swap with my mates 1090rr and he pulls about 133 hp rear wheel and I honestly can not feel the difference between his bike and mine.

cheers eddy

Last edited by eddypro; 07-18-2014 at 10:27 PM.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 10:10 PM

New Site Garage
For the 1090R I'm more interested in torque increase than hp. Since the hp curve is on the down turn before the limiter it's less about how fast it goes and more about how quickly it gets there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 10:24 PM

The pc5 has a feature called accel pump, this might give you the kick your looking for. Or maybe just a Gimmick, I have not tried it yet.

The Power Commander V has a feature called Accel Pump. This gives you the ability to add, or remove fuel for a short time when the throttle is moved quickly. The three options need to be configured to accomplish what you want to achieve.
Trigger is the amount of throttle movement. A value of 20 means if the throttle is quickly moved 20 percent or more, the Accel Pump is activated.
Duration is the length of time the Accel Pump would be active. For example a value of 83 would give about one second of fuel at 5000 rpm, and two seconds of fuel at 2500 rpm.
Fuel Adjustment is the percent of fuel to add, or remove. Positive numbers add fuel, negative numbers remove fuel Power Commander Accessory Issues.

cheers eddy
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddypro View Post
comes with I think, 144 hp at the crank, so seems pretty good at the wheel, I have no idea where some of these figures are coming from, mine is a 1078 and I pulled 142hp at the wheel. Now obviously seems to me that not all these Dyno centre results are set up the same. So I would not put to much faith in there results.

cheers eddy
Well I'm from Canada, the place I did it his torque meter wasn't working so I'm going in same time next week to get the torque..He did ask me what others were pulling. .i told him around 140 to 142hp he did say he can get more but didn't Wana kill the bike. This my first time doing this he has worked on ducatis and it was his first mv agusta. .so how much more can I get really, without blowing my motor
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 05:03 PM

Leave the bike alone at 139 hp rear wheel ,my mates 1090rr got 134 hp, Mate that's pretty good . You will stuff up your motor for what 2 extra hp ,you will not even notice it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode