Brutale 910 corbin seat - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

Brutale 910 corbin seat

Hey all. Any get the corbin seat for the brutale 910?

It looks pretty cool but trying to see if its worth the 350 bucks to swap the seat out, also if I want an after market seat for the brute then I think I am a little limited in my options. So if anyone got the corbin seat for their brutale, what's your critique?

LS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 04:48 AM

New Site Garage
Ls84,

Fitted one to my 1078 about 6 months ago. Looks better than the standard seat in my opinion. A bit more comfortable but not a revelation over the standard seat. You still slide forward. Harder to fit, a lot tighter and impossible to get the standard seat catch to work. I have it bolted down now.

The fitting alone makes the price a bit high. I'm only speaking from my experience. You will have to have a bit of mechanical skill to fit it or you will be very disappointed. But again I'm speaking of my particular seat.

Other than that the quality is good although mine has a few unsightly creases on the leather made worse by the tight fit. Having said all that I still like it but believe value for money is a bit wanting. Not in the actual seat but the fitting etc. Leather quality is good.

I initially approached an upholsterer who said he could do the same for a third of the price. I think that knowing what I know now I would've tried that route first. No guarantees that would be perfect and it changes the standard seat.

So to sum up I like it but it's expensive with few improvements other than looks. But that's why we do the mods, isn't it?

Cheers

Deano
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 04:50 AM

perfect ,i can ride all day and more, and my arse is fine.

grab it ,and once you mould to it,just perfect.

cheers eddy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 04:52 AM

Deano,did yours have the plastic back,i had no issues with install,thats really weird
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 05:03 AM

New Site Garage
Eddy,

Plastic back? You mean the base? It has pretty thck cicular rubber pads where it contacts the frame.

Cheers

Deano
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 05:06 AM

New Site Garage
Plus the metal bracket supplied was pretty agricultural and had to be filed out to make it fit and take the catch. Riding to Mackay tomorrow but when I get back I'll post some pics.

Cheers

Deano
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 05:10 AM

I will also take a pic of mine,sounds different.
put it up Tomorrow

see ya
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 01:13 AM

Smile

Here you go
Attached Images

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Hey eddy, thanks I took the plunge and ordered the seat, will be a couple weeks till I get it.

Now on the. Shots of your bike I really like the passenger seat cowl cover, looks really slick. Did you pick that up from emoto? Or where did you get it?

Ls
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 02:58 AM
Established Member

Custom Corbin Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls84 View Post
Hey all. Any get the corbin seat for the brutale 910?

It looks pretty cool but trying to see if its worth the 350 bucks to swap the seat out, also if I want an after market seat for the brute then I think I am a little limited in my options. So if anyone got the corbin seat for their brutale, what's your critique?

LS
I'm within a 40 minute ride from Corbin's California manufacturing facility in Hollister and had a custom seat made for a Aprilia SXV and a stock Corbin for a Ducati 996. Both were very comfortable seats, especially the custom seat.

For the SXV custom seat they used my stock seat pan. They generously applied their proprietary foam and started trimming the foam as I gave input from trial seatings until we arrived a suitable shape and comfort level. I took it for a spin to confirm comfort then moved on to picking materials/stitching/colors and design. They have many different materials in various colors. They stitch it up and install to seat. Very custom job for $320. I will post pictures as soon as I find some of the bike, as I sold it.

I will probably go the same route with my Brutale when my budget permits. If anyone want a custom seat to your specifications I can probably use my bike with your seat pan to get it made. I just have to make an appointment. You can also use their (Corbin) seat pan and ask them to build to your specifications.

Current bike(s): 2016 Aprilia Tuono Factory 1100

Past bikes:
2005 Yamaha R6 (sold); 2009 MV Agusta Brutale 1078 (sold); 2009 Yamaha R1 (Crash at track/totaled) ;2008 KTM Superduke R (sold) ;2007 Yamaha WE 450 supermodel/street legal (sold) ;2007 Ducati 1098 (motor blown/sold); 2007 Aprilia SXV 550 (sold) ;2004 MV Agusta Brutale 750s (sold) ;2001 Ducati 996 (crashed/fixed/sold) ;2000 Buell X1 Lightning (sold) ;1995 Honda CBR 900rr (crashed/sold) ;1995 Honda CBR F3 600 (sold)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode