2013 Brutale 1090RR dyno results - Arrow pipe and X Bikes/Microtec ECU - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

2013 Brutale 1090RR dyno results - Arrow pipe and X Bikes/Microtec ECU

This is still a work in progress but I thought I would share the first set of results. Chris at X Bikes and my local shop are still working on some additional tweaks - the software is sophisticated but also complex in it's capabilities.

It also appears that Microtec does not yet support ABS but we're hoping that's something they'll get to sooner rather than later. The results are impressive - 160 RHP and a max torque of 75 - up from 145 and 70 with the stock ECU and Arrow pipe. I put about 120 miles on the bike before bringing it back for additional refinements. Ride impressions are inline with the data - massive power in every gear with no flat spots or hitches. I can only wonder what it would be like at sea level vs. 5200 ft. It also sounds great - but not really much louder than before which is perfect for me. Arrow pipe really cleans things up and of course there's a lot less heat. The cat weighed just under 15 lbs for those keeping track.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 1090RR
2010 Multistrada
2006 Sport Classic 1000
2008 Husky 610TE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

dyno map

had trouble attaching this in the original post...
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 1090RR
2010 Multistrada
2006 Sport Classic 1000
2008 Husky 610TE
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 06:31 PM

I can't believe how much power you got. I got 110hp on the back wheel and that's already plenty for me on the road, for such a light bike.
Did you put anything on the front to avoid going wheelie?
Attached Images

Only a Biker knows why a dog
sticks his head out of a car window.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 06:04 AM

That is a really impressive gain! Well done! I would love to get that work done on my '12. A few extra ponies would be nice and to even out some of the twitchy fueling. Now go carve some of those mountain roads! :-)
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 07:35 AM

Seems about right. I installed a PCV and had it mapped and dynoed at 156 HP rear wheel. That's with the Arrow full system and the DB killer installed. Stock air filter. I have a BMC air filter on order
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 12:24 PM

Congrats for your results!!

I see your engine now revving upt to 12200 rpm - that is what MV Agusta claims.

Mine hit the rev limiter at 11500 rpm. Now with the rev limiter set up to 12200 rpm mine got 167 rwhp.

Same MV Corse or Arrow header, but with snorkels of the airbox removed.

Really hard to keep the front wheel down...

In my opinion the 13+ years of the RR make use of a detuned F4 1078 engine..

Really amazing what you can get out of this engine with some little mods.

Jochen

I motori sono come le donne, bisogna saperli toccare nelle parti piu' sensibili.......
__________________________________________________ ___________________
2018 Brutale 800RR
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 04:31 PM

Is that bike Ride By Wire throttle?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 06:42 PM

Awesome results!! Never thought it would be possible to make the smile factor more intense, but here it is. Did you keep the stock cans and use an arrow midpipe?

Nice work!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstar360 View Post
Is that bike Ride By Wire throttle?
No.

Dennis
Trenton, MI USA

2013 Brutale 1090
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Unfortunately I will not be able to use the Microtec on my bike and Chris at X Bikes has agreed to take it back. Here's the problem - apparently Microtec does not currently support ABS and because the ABS system feeds wheel speed which in turn transmits data on road speed and distance my speedo and odometer don't work. Chris didn't realize my bike was an ABS model and I failed to point this out. I could live without ABS and even without the speedo but not having the odometer work is a non-starter.

We saw this issue right away but thought we could find a work around - but no luck.

Chris has been great to deal with - no issues and I don't fault him for the issues here. He has pressed Microtec for an answer and it looks like they don't have any near term plans to support ABS on this bike.

I'm really disappointed - I really liked way the bike ran but that's the way it goes sometimes with these kinds of things. Hopefully the bike will run satisfactorily with the stock ECU and the Arrow pipe. I still love the bike and will be happy to at least be rid of the cat.

160 RHP...damn...

2013 1090RR
2010 Multistrada
2006 Sport Classic 1000
2008 Husky 610TE

Last edited by Multipass; 06-26-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode