Anyone install the integrated tail lights from Design Corse or GP Racing? - MVAgusta.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Question Anyone install the integrated tail lights from Design Corse or GP Racing?

Hello all,

As the title says.

1) how was the install? Easy? Plug and play?

2) fitment and quality? As expected from both vendors?

3) visibility and brightness? Does it perform well in the day time?

4) design? Are you happy with placement of LEDs? Does it complement the tail section.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for your answers.

I installed the turn signals in the rear mesh vents if the tail section but feedback I got from fellow riders is they are hard to see during the day. I'm looking at options to keep the tail section clean looking with out having to mount the turn signals back on the licence bracket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 09:32 AM
Established Member

photos would be nice aswell been looking at the clear type for my white f3 not sure if there legal in uk mind
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzb1973 View Post
photos would be nice aswell been looking at the clear type for my white f3 not sure if there legal in uk mind
I'm thinking the same thing here in Canada.

I know the clear lens would be legal, but I really like the look of the smoke lens, since it matches my black colour scheme better.

Tried YouTube to find vids but no luck so far. There are pics of the lights installed on Design Corse's site but they aren't what I'm looking for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzb1973 View Post
The indicator has to be separated from the brake light to pass the MOT. So if half of it flashes for the indicator, you may not pass.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2014, 11:58 AM
Established Member

I have have installed it on my F3 800. Bought a smoke light from design corse, it is much brighter than the original 1. Turning signal is visible but not so clear when you hit the brake though. The installation is straight forward, the quality is as good as original too.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenekek View Post
I have have installed it on my F3 800. Bought a smoke light from design corse, it is much brighter than the original 1. Turning signal is visible but not so clear when you hit the brake though. The installation is straight forward, the quality is as good as original too.
Is the brake light/turn signal LED and is it possible to just swap it out for a brighter one.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 06:57 PM

I installed the integrated tail for my F3 off of the designcorse website. Figment was great install was easy. I cut the harness on the factory tail to use the OEM connector. Looks good and you can't tell it was aftermarket after I heat shrunk and wrapped the wiring. Name:  ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1403740530.435175.jpg
Views: 1260
Size:  90.0 KB

Cheers, Jon-Michael

2014 F3 800 EAS
2013 F3 675 EAS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-11-2016, 02:28 AM

On this topic, sort of, has anyone tried to use the new factory 2016? LED tail light in place of the 2014 globe model?
I have tried and nothing lights up! Wondering if it needs some LED driver circuit or something?
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 03:31 AM
Established Member

i have one, clear lens, from designcorse but not with integrated signals... i can say i am really satisfied.. i think it has better quality and finish than OEM...

and its nice bright helluva taillamp!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 03:48 AM

New Site Garage
yes to all the questions, I really like the integrated light unit, tidies up the rear end and works well

However, in the UK where I live it will fail an MOT as the indicators need to be 8" apart.

If the indicators are fitted they have to comply with size/frequency/appearance etc ....however if they are not fitted or disconnected that is fine too. Its a fail if fitted but not working

so I will just disconnect them - its a 5 min job, seat off, pull 2 plugs. The light unit is plug n play
Attached Images

Snips and Snips like this.

cheers
bogie

Last edited by bogie; 01-17-2016 at 08:25 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode