MV Agusta Forum banner

fuel lines for inside the tank

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Nesca 
#1 ·
I need to get new fuel lines that go to the fuel filter so what type of line is needed. It has to be something that will withstand being in the fuel tank

#2 ·
Are you taking the Mickey out of us George ? Hahahha, surely you are as you've been a round here so long that you couldn't possibly have missed the Tech Tip section OR this thread http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39000
Type of hose is on the 1st page, Chuck might have some he'd flogg you, but it's available everywhere in your neighbourhood.

#3 ·
Are you taking the Mickey out of us George ? Hahahha, surely you are as you've been a round here so long that you couldn't possibly have missed the Tech Tip section OR this thread http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39000
Type of hose is on the 1st page, Chuck might have some he'd flogg you, but it's available everywhere in your neighbourhood.
No offence to anyone intended, but does anyone read emails, posts etc. properly? It's all so pervasive now it's like having a pub conversation with heaps of noise around. Nobody pays attention. Must be getting old. Makes me feel it anyway.

Cheers

Deano

#4 ·
George, I do have what you seek.

#6 ·
Hahaha, you old sook, nobody abused you although I thought about it when you posted this in the Performance section :):thewife:
You've been on this Forum for so long that you should be telling others where to find stuff :yo:, anyway, you have my number and email, you know you can ask anything - anytime, and contrary to what some USA members think, we can be reached from anywhere in the world:ahhh: even if it's just a text(Sms).
Take your time, you have other bikes to ride if this projects not finished, not worth messing it up in a hurry.:yo:

#7 · (Edited)
?

George:
What you need is 12" of 5/16" SAE J30R10 hose...... submersible FI hose

Goodyear, Dayton and Dayco make it

the filter is a WIX #33012

go to page K02 oc the F4 parts manual

remove the canister

remove #4, put #5 where #4 was

wye #5 & #6 to #7

epoxy the 2 fuel pump plate through fittings on the inside of the plate

with the same batch of epoxy fill and smooth the 3 notches next to the gas cap studs

a 31 page thread reduced to 6 lines

:popcorn:

#9 ·
?

George;
the Clic-R clamps that go on the filter are Clic-R #96135 and are green

the ones on thd fuel pump and fuel pump plate are #96145 and are black

all stainless screw type are Breeze #3704

you should be good to go

:popcorn:

#10 ·
When I did my fuel lines I found that the factory clamps weren't tight enough to prevent me being able to pull the fuel line off the new filter. I fitted some miniature stainless clamps I bought from McMaster-Carr (I have an assortment for my other bikes) to make sure the hoses are nice and tight.

There are many stories about the fuel hoses coming loose in the tank causing the engine to shutdown. Good hose clamps will prevent this.

Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.