MVAgusta.net - View Single Post - OK, lay it out:
Thread: OK, lay it out:
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 06:53 AM
wekkuli
Established Member

It really doesn't matter who owns MVA as long as the brand is alive and producing bikes that are exclusive and loyal to the racing spirit of count Agusta. Anyway Castiglioni-led MVA isn't (or wasn't) the "same MV Agusta" as it was 40yrs ago, because there was almost 2 decade gap between 1980-1998. But the brand and the spirit still revived under Cagiva-umbrella.

There is a small possibility that HD can mess with the MVA brand by starting to produce "budget bikes" and that way diminishing the exclusivity of the brand. To me, and I think everyone who likes the brand, that would destroy MVA. But I really don't believe they're that stupid. There's still Cagiva-label for less expensive european-style bikes. They haven't gone budget-way with HD-brand, so why would they do that with MVA?

As much as I dislike their bikes, I have to admit that if any manufacturer in this world knows about the power of a strong brand, it's Harley-Davidson. So MVA is in good hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haupti View Post
That sounds to me like Ferrari would be owned by General Motors.
It doesn't sound any better that Ferrari is in fact really owned by Fiat... or Lamborghini and Bugatti by Volkswagen. And Ducati was owned by Texas Pacific investment group (or something like that). What does it matter? For all I care MVA can be owned by HD, Tata, Proton, Honda or sultan of Brunei as long as they keep producing horny bikes!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome