MV Agusta Forum banner

O2 sensor bung size

2K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  theknurl 
#1 ·
What size is the O2 sensor bung size? 18mm?

#5 ·
And it's the same on all MV's
Hello mate. Are you 100% sure about this?
The 02 sensor on my 2014 F3 looks to small to be a 18mm more like 12mm. Unless I am looking at something different.

Thanks

#4 ·
ONAGER;
02 sensor size is probably in FAQ.......I've posted enough times here on the Forum

I also realize V Bulletin sucks, but please make an effort

if you need to plug the M18 X 1.5 hole, a BMW R bike oil pan plug is the usual choice......make sure you always use Never-Seize on the threads of the sensor or the plug

or you WILL have a problem later on:naughty::naughty:

Donsy, and as far as I know all cars too

#9 ·
Hi Donsy.:drummer:

So I am looking for the O2 sensor so I can take it out and replace with the O2 sensor supplied by Bazzaz for the self mapper.

The exhaust system is not that large so it was pretty easy to visually track down. However, I was thrown by the comments on this thread which state it is an 18 mm bung. This does not seem to be the case. That's why I asked the question.

You have identified #4 just as I did for the sensor:popcorn:

What do you think?

#11 ·
Yes I agree that should be it. That's why I was a little sharp with the chap who gave a throw away comment that it was a sniffer.

Annoyingly it is not an 18 mm bung like has been stated.

Guess I should have checked rather than presumed that information in this thread was correct.:jsm:

Thanks for your help.

#14 ·
Or what about this. The F3 doesn't have a typical O2 sensor type set up and just runs a sniffer type scenario.

#18 · (Edited)
?

F4, B4 and Aprilia sniffer ports use a bastard thread

9.64mm x 28tpi.......and it's tapered

a M10x1.0 won't even start in the hole

Pipes checked ;
Bodis
RG3
stock Brutale
Aprilia RSVR

Never seen an 02 sensor that wasn't M18x1.5

:popcorn:

#20 ·
Noel, see post #16....

#21 ·
?

I know what size the threads are.......

I expect there might be someone smart enough to actually MEASURE THEM

But then again I'm the infernal optimist.....

A plastic vernier caliper costs $1.99.....

:popcorn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.