2011 F4 No display,anyone else? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

2011 F4 No display,anyone else?

Hi and hello I am a new member but unfortunately I have bad news.I own a 2011 F4 and last weekend had a ride out and on return washed the bike as normal.A few days later I went out turned the key and had nothing on display! All lights work along top,back light is present.So started her fine and have even done about 80 miles on her but still no display! Checked F1 fuse,removed clocks and made sure all connections dry and connected.Taken all fairings off and had a wiggle of all looms and wires that I can see.Absolutely gutted but got a feeling it's something simple? Hope that someone has a possible solution as I am at wits end. She has covered 8000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 09:11 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Welcome to the forum.Sorry you have this problem.I remember owners of 2010 models were complaining dust was getting into the cluster.So if dust can get in water can too.It was due to poor sealing.Have you got an instrument shop near you.They will be able to dissmantle,clean and reseal the instrument cluster for you.Thats all I can think of doing.Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink ?

Allen;
remove the display, and if the back is removable do so....

leave it in a warm dry place over night to dry out.....I know "is there a dry place in the UK...right now?"

get some dielectric grease and coat the contacts in the plug

that should solve your problem

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 02:08 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys ,I have already removed the clocks and put them somewhere dry but still no good.I did remove th back of the display also but didn't want to remove the bit with the electronics as I didn't want to screw it up even more! I also have dust at the lower left section of the clock display.Perhaps I will try this dialectric grease. Thanks again !
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 02:26 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
You can try the grease but I am thinking the moisture is internal so an instrument shop might be the way to go.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
2010 models were complaining dust was getting into the cluster
Actually, I think where dust is seem accumulating in the cluster, it's not getting in from outside, but one of the mounting pins that fixes the circuit board in place within the cluster is being worn away by vibrations.

Si
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 04:54 AM Thread Starter

Right I'm now thinking strip the display down has anyon done this? I might as well attempt to get the dust out if I can get to it and give it a complete dry and clean.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2014, 06:46 PM
Established Member

I do not know if yours is the same as mine 2005 F4, I had some problems with my display and it was a loose connector at somewhere near in front, by the right lower side of the headlight unit, I assume that when I washed, I must have moved and pulled it, and after several times this happening I finally went an pushed the wires against the headlight unit, and made sure that when I washed my bike I did not pull the wire cable.

Good luck.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Well its all back together and i managed to get the dust out!.However i still have no display so im guessing im gonna have to go through the wiring! Such a pain and to be honest im dissapointed that this can happen to such a new bike. Onwards and upwards though ....no point moaning about it when i could be finding the fault that hopefully might help others in the future!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Still no display! Agggghhhhh.Someone else must have experienced this little gremlin?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode