Fuel pump not priming when key is turned on. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Fuel pump not priming when key is turned on.

Hi guys, been a while..... I went to turn on my 2005 F4 today and I noticed the fuel pump not priming. I checked the fuse on the right side of the bike and the 15A fuse was intact.

I do need to mention that I haven't started my bike in over 6 months. Life kinda got in the way of riding.

Has my fuel pump failed? Any easy ways to check and make sure its the pump and not a electrical issue? Anyone have one for sale?

Thanks in advance.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 12:11 AM

New Site Garage
Hi Joe, great to hear from you man. How good's that battery Joe ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Hey Dons, how you been? Great to be back.

Full charge. But no buzzing from the pump when the key is turned on, or when the kill switch is turned on and off like it used to.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Anyone know an easy way to test if its the pump? Like using a test light to see if the pump is getting power when the key is turned on. I mean I can put the test light on the fuel pump fuse to see if it sends power when the key is on, but on the wire harness plug, which pin should I check for power to make sure its not an electrical issue.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 01:35 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

just talked to Joe...

he's calling me in the morning to remind me to check the wiring of the pump......I posted it a long time ago and bookmarked it....

a browser update ate 4,000 bookmarks off my desktop and laptop .......by updating my phone....I love electronic geniuses

as col says "FUCKTARDS"

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the phone call Noel. You are the fucking man!

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 02:20 AM

New Site Garage
Hey bud
I had the same issue. When i pulled the fuel pump out the wiring to the pump had come off. I had to re solder the wires back to the pump and aroldited them in so they would never disconnect agAin. Been 8 yrs not a problem since.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

The bike has not been taken apart or worked on since it's last start. So I don't think it's a wiring issue. Maybe corrosion in the plug........ Or the fuel pump is stuck.

Joe - mv2envy
AKA. MV Guy 12345

post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 08:33 AM

I am not sure if MVs have a fuel pump relay but the one on my Suzuki trackbike crapped out. Check the wiring diagram and see if it has one.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 11:02 AM

New Site Garage
Any chance it's just gummed up a bit from sitting and needs a tap to get started? I've had fuel pumps in the past that just needed a tap on the back to get them started after sitting, then they worked fine.

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode