where to buy alternator for 04 brutale 750? - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
where to buy alternator for 04 brutale 750?

so i ordered a new lithium battery which had the + and - poles reversed and mistakingly connected and created reverse polarity...

the alternator is now only putting out 32amps vs 54 when new and won't charge battery. the shoop i brought it too wants $760 just for the laternator (not including maintenance...)

where can I buy my own?
bendusastre is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 12:46 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California, USA
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendusastre View Post
so i ordered a new lithium battery which had the + and - poles reversed and mistakingly connected and created reverse polarity...

the alternator is now only putting out 32amps vs 54 when new and won't charge battery. the shoop i brought it too wants $760 just for the laternator (not including maintenance...)

where can I buy my own?
Do you have a part number?
Brutista is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Senior Member
 
hb88xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: A'dam, NL
Posts: 3,394
New Site Garage
ebay?

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hb88xx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
i haven't had any luck on ebay. And I don't have a part number unfortunately? Is there a website that is a good source for MV parts?
bendusastre is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,054
New Site Garage
http://www.startwintrading.com/

and

http://www.ekmpowershop26.com/ekmps/...parts-26-c.asp

Are you sure you didn't just blow the diode on the starter solenoid relay ?

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
the shop that I took it to told me it was the alternator but I'm not sure.What i know is when i charge the battery bike works fine but the battery light on instrument panels is on. Eventually battery gets drained and bike stalls. So looks like the alternator is not charging the bike.

the shop told me my alternator was supposed to put out 54 amps but is only putting out 32amps. however shouldn't that be enough to charge the battery and run the bike? Even if slower to charge the battery then with an alternator putting out 54 amps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
http://www.startwintrading.com/

and

http://www.ekmpowershop26.com/ekmps/...parts-26-c.asp

Are you sure you didn't just blow the diode on the starter solenoid relay ?
bendusastre is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Calga, NSW
Posts: 1,236
Before you do anything else check all the fuses, the ones on the SPU and on the starter relay. I once did some diagnosis with spu and ecu swaps to check a charging issue, it was just a fuse.....

Where in the world are you ?
rsawkins is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Senior Member
 
theknurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Palos Verdes Est, SoCal, USA
Posts: 13,806
Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink fuse?

bendusastre;

99.99% sure you don't need an alternator

1st change the 40Amp fuse by the starter relay, its blown, that's why you have the red light on the dash......there should be a spare right there

if that doesn't fix it the diode inches from there is blown.....

somebody posted the fix with pictures use search

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
theknurl is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
I'm in Los Angeles California.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsawkins View Post
Before you do anything else check all the fuses, the ones on the SPU and on the starter relay. I once did some diagnosis with spu and ecu swaps to check a charging issue, it was just a fuse.....

Where in the world are you ?
bendusastre is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
So the bike would still start despite the blown fuse and/or dead diode? it starts fine and runs ok for about 15/20 minutes and then shuts off once battery is drained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
bendusastre;

99.99% sure you don't need an alternator

1st change the 40Amp fuse by the starter relay, its blown, that's why you have the red light on the dash......there should be a spare right there

if that doesn't fix it the diode inches from there is blown.....

somebody posted the fix with pictures use search
bendusastre is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome