How to disable my alarm - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

How to disable my alarm

Hi all,

I also had the problem mentioned, with the Diode blowing, thanks all the info was a great help
I was stupid enough (I rushed the job) & put the battery in the wrong way.

Now the problem I have is that my Data-tool Alarm won't turn off!!

Can anyone help please on the easiest way to disconnect the Alarm on an F4 750, hopefully without taking the Tank etc off.
I've just upgraded to an F3 so I'm not worried if I need to cut wires to shut the Alarm up!
I just want to get my F4 running so I can deliver it to the Bike dealers

Kind Regards,
Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 01:44 PM

Johnathan,
I had a datatool alarm on my F4 750, best job I ever did was remove it and bin it. I am afraid you will need to lift the fuel tank, the alarm is sitting under that and plumbed into the loom. Thanfully it is an easy job once the tank is off. If you look in the maintenance section download Donsy's manuals and you will find it is a relatively easy job.

jimboF4
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 04:46 PM

I have a datatool on my 2000 F4750, no problems as far as I know so far, what's the problem with them, ie what should I be looking for, as they get slagged alot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBERT View Post
I have a datatool on my 2000 F4750, no problems as far as I know so far, what's the problem with them, ie what should I be looking for, as they get slagged alot?
Mine melted and stopped working and stopped the bike working consequent to it re arranging the wires in a way MV didn't intend ..kinda welded them all together....So it went back to the dealers.

9 months later it was reborn with a new wiring harness and a new Datatool Red..13o miles later it melted again and I almost lost the will to live

Apart from that Bert, it was perfect.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 01:35 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post
Mine melted and stopped working and stopped the bike working consequent to it re arranging the wires in a way MV didn't intend ..kinda welded them all together....So it went back to the dealers.

9 months later it was reborn with a new wiring harness and a new Datatool Red..13o miles later it melted again and I almost lost the will to live

I had the same thing. Relocating is the solution...

What a beast of a motorcycle!
It growls and rages and flies across the tarmac like a wild animal that has escaped the confinement of a cage and after merely waiting restlessly until the release, will not endure being locked up ever again.

Skye I miss you. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboF4 View Post
Johnathan,
I had a datatool alarm on my F4 750, best job I ever did was remove it and bin it. I am afraid you will need to lift the fuel tank, the alarm is sitting under that and plumbed into the loom. Thanfully it is an easy job once the tank is off. If you look in the maintenance section download Donsy's manuals and you will find it is a relatively easy job.

jimboF4
Thank you JimboF4

I was able to reset the Alarm, no further issues & bike ticking over perfect

Regards,
Jonathan
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotojoe View Post

Sounds positively frightful, but seen as I have had my bike for 3 yrs and have had no glitches apart from it sets it's self off sometimes for no reason(bugs on sunny days out?) then all should be ok?

I presume that the Alarm came with the bike new, as in didn't the UK MV's when they came out in the early days did so with the Datatools fitted? In which case it's being on her for 14 yrs and still going, by the state of your affairs that's a bloody miracle mi old sausage!

Last edited by MVBERT; 02-04-2014 at 04:23 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 04:30 PM

I bought my F4 750 in 2001 with the datatool fitted by the dealer as a factory option. Within weeks it started to play up, many many to es it went back to the dealer. I finally got so fed up with the alarm leaving me stranded of having to bump start the bike due to the battery being run flat within hours I removed it.
Best mod I ever done to the old girl, happy to say the 750 is in fine fettle still, the alarm is in a box in the garage roof, and it is staying there.
jimboF4
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboF4 View Post
I bought my F4 750 in 2001 with the datatool fitted by the dealer as a factory option. Within weeks it started to play up, many many to es it went back to the dealer. I finally got so fed up with the alarm leaving me stranded of having to bump start the bike due to the battery being run flat within hours I removed it.
Best mod I ever done to the old girl, happy to say the 750 is in fine fettle still, the alarm is in a box in the garage roof, and it is staying there.
jimboF4
Righty oh jimboF4, thanks for clearing up that one, it was a factory option which many went for, perhaps for insurance as these were expensive bikes in 2000.
So the Alarm was a dud, or was too sensitive? I have heard that the sensitivity can be turned down, don't know which models this is on.

Last edited by MVBERT; 02-04-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode