Under seat spring - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Under seat spring

Yesterday I swapped out the battery in the F4. Somewhat time consuming (first time doing it), but not at all complicated...except for this stupid little spring that goes on the hinge

Could someone send me a close-up of how this thing is suppose to go back on? Trying to figure this out took almost as much time as swapping out the battery
Attached Images

Last edited by chrisbanks00; 01-16-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 05:18 PM

Looks like you need to wind it around one more time.
Attached Images

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 05:21 PM

Another angle.
Attached Images

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 05:36 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
For future reference,you do not remove the bolt you did.Remove the 2 seat pins,dissconnect the tailight plug to remove the tailpiece completely.Remove the 2 hex bolts on the other end of the bracket,where it bolts to the subframe.Then the centre fuel tank bolt and lift the tank slightly and the battery will come out at an angle.You have turned a very easy job into a frustrating one.I see you have fitted a Shorai battery,which are smaller so it will be easier next time anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326

Last edited by mitchy; 01-16-2014 at 05:39 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

@ micwhitt1....Perfect, just what I was looking for.
@mitchy....Figured there had to be an easier way, but at least the bike fires right up again. Now I know for the next time.

Not sure what most of would do without this forum....
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 09:20 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Never mind,it's all a learning curve.But if your not sure how to do something,always ask first for help.Lots of good instructors here.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Mobile-0423041326
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy View Post
For future reference,you do not remove the bolt you did.Remove the 2 seat pins,dissconnect the tailight plug to remove the tailpiece completely.Remove the 2 hex bolts on the other end of the bracket,where it bolts to the subframe.Then the centre fuel tank bolt and lift the tank slightly and the battery will come out at an angle.You have turned a very easy job into a frustrating one.I see you have fitted a Shorai battery,which are smaller so it will be easier next time anyway.
Mitchy,

I'm assuming you're referring to the two hex bolts located on either side of this bracket? If so, I tried this at first, but was unable to get my tool to fit due the bracket right below getting in the way.

If this is indeed the correct one, I'll try again next time so I won't bother the spring again...
Attached Images

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 04:26 PM

Pull the rubber (red arrows) off the pins (green arrow). Pull the pins (one on each side) out and lift the seat cowl. No need to take off the bracket.
Attached Images

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 11:26 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbanks00 View Post
Mitchy,

I'm assuming you're referring to the two hex bolts located on either side of this bracket? If so, I tried this at first, but was unable to get my tool to fit due the bracket right below getting in the way.

If this is indeed the correct one, I'll try again next time so I won't bother the spring again...
No,not those screws.Sorry,I havn't got a picture,but the 2x10mm hex head bolts right next to the fuel tank,with the fuel tank rear mounting bolt in the centre.They are the bolts I am talking about.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Mobile-0423041326
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Got it…much easier!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode