Advice Crankshaft/Shop - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Advice Crankshaft/Shop

Hi... im sad because my engine have failed...a shell is broken and im studing to buy a new crankshaft... i dont know if i want to refurbish it... my mechanik says that will be ok, but i want to see if i can afford a new one.
I was looking at shops and a want to know if someone have any shop to recommend (they must ship to Argentina) and if you know difference between part 8000a3782 and 83, and which pieces includes... I need shells and crank.
I will change rings too (i have engine open so it will be fine).
Oil pump work fine and relief valve its ok, so we dont know cause of break (engine has only 8k km).
any info will be aprecciate.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 11:01 AM

Send a message via MSN to DimST Send a message via Yahoo to DimST
Trying to understand what went wrong to an engine that covered only road 8000kms it's crucial.
Think the possibility that you have the same issues again after a rebuild... Regarding the rebuild. The guy that will carry on and rebuild your engine should be able to give you some sort of warranty. At the same time by measuring and analyse your destroyed parts it is posisble to understand what went wrong and replace what is required.

Do you have MV main importer in Argentina?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 11:16 AM

Hi Peluka,

That's bad luck on your engine.

Unless you wish to enjoy the process of re-building the engine I would strongly consider buying a good used engine as a replacement.

You could sell the other one or keep as spares....This just sounds like it could be very expensive project.

Good luck,

joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Here in Argentina there are not importers of MV; either there are not used engines... In my country we can not import engines.. So i must rebuild this one. Anyways i preffer buil my engine tan buy another used...
In the Upper end everything is ok (Pistons, valves...). anyways i will change rings (minimal cost with the engine opened)
In the low end; i will analyze if refurbish the Crankshaft or buy a new one (i preffer a new one, but if the rebuilder says that mine is Ok and with a minimal refurbish will run great, i will have a lot of money in my pocket).
Oil Pump is ok, and relief valve too. we are investigating; but my bike is second hand; and i dont know what happended before my. So we will check everything; and rebuild looking for original perfomance and realibity. Sure its costly; but i have no choice.
Today i cant enjoy rebuilding...maybe i will when i have bought all the stuff and start to close engine again...
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Either there is not anothers MV owner here... No more tan 15/20 bikes...
For my luck my mechanick is a great friend of mine... So there is a light at the end of the tunnel; and is my mamba running again.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 11:31 PM

New Site Garage
Peluka I would give the guys at Star Twin Trading a call or email them, they know the MV's very well and will be able to help with part numbers also.
http://www.startwintrading.com/

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 11:51 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up cranks?

Peluka;
email these guys;
http://www.faliconcranks.com/

the crankshaft wizards

leave your rings alone they're just fine....

was it #3 that failed?

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 05:40 AM Thread Starter

Yes. Number 3. Why you say not to change rings? Do you think its a bad idea?
Thanks to all of you. I will contact them
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 08:18 AM

Hey Peluka, The Mamba is a beautiful bike. All the best to you with your rebuild.
Re-open your thread and post some pics when your done!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 AM

Don't forget to go over all the rods and end caps with a fine tooth comb. At the very least #3 is going to be suspect for sure, and would be a good idea to replace.

FYI, Falicon will not be able to do much for you that anybody with the proper machine and micrometer can't do down there. Now if you want to lighten the crank that's what they are known for, but seems a bit uneeded cost wise if all you need to do is make sure the crank is fine. Surely someone down there has rebuilt an engine before. All you need are the run out specs and proper bearing sizes. And yes, you have to redo ALL the lower bearings with a new/turned crank.

Last edited by varium; 01-09-2014 at 10:08 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode