Your laugh for today. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Your laugh for today.

It was time to clean my air filter on the 910R this weekend, well it was actually due a while ago but I finally got round to it Saturday afternoon.

Drained the tank, that $10 pump was the best thing I ever bought, drains all but a few drops of fuel from the tank which makes it so easy to remove even on your own....

Removed the side panels and started undoing the brackets. Dropped on of the bolts which proceeded to hide itself under the starter motor - never managed to do this before even after removing the tank many many times. I couldn't see the damn thing but Mrs Needle in a Haystack spotted it for me after she heard the swearing coming from the garage....

Drag a couple of drain hoses out of the way and poke a magnetic screwdriver in there, 2 mm too short to reach...
Swear some more and look from the garage for a longer one.
Repeat above as can't find it.
Ask the good lady if she can see it "You mean that one there in the top of the tool box"
More language I won't repeat.

Poke the longer screwdriver in, hear that clink as it attaches to the screwdriver
Start to withdraw and clink, I see it come out past the starter and fall down into never never land

Swear some more, have a look and it's nowhere to be seem. Ask the good lady to see if she can spot it as I can't see it and it's not on the garage floor.

A few minutes pass and she can't see it either , where the clucking bell is it ?

I get down on the floor under the water pump and shine my torch in. I can see something shiny amongst the black - thank the lord the WallyPower is black everywhere....

I sit up and contemplate draining coolant, removing hoses to get the water pump off.

I undo the two bolts that hold the pump there and pull it out a bit. Chink chink, the missing bolt hits the floor and doesn't roll under the car.

The rest of the job went as per plan and she started right up once all back together with the cleaned and oiled air filter.

Now if I'd only got on here before I started I would have know to ride down the road 10 mins and meet all those F4 boys for a pizza that same afternoon....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 10:50 PM
cus

yeah but then you wouldn`t have a clean air filter and pizza is fattening. I should know.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 05:06 AM

New Site Garage
This has been all of us at some time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Big Randaddy

My wife and Mrs. Needle must be distant cousins.......

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode