OEM Only Parts? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

OEM Only Parts?

So I just found out the rear break pump (800089313) and one of the ignition coils (8000A6700) are bad on my F4. Are those OEM only parts or are there cross references to other manufacturers so my dealer doesn't have to source the parts from the factory?

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micwhitt1 View Post
So I just found out the rear break pump (800089313) and one of the ignition coils (8000A6700) are bad on my F4. Are those OEM only parts or are there cross references to other manufacturers so my dealer doesn't have to source the parts from the factory?

The rear master is a fairly common brembo unit. Surely there is a rebuild kit out there. Real easy to rebuild em and shouldn't cost much. Probably could be done in less than an hour by ones own self to save you the shop rates. My notes show i have a set of coils but will need to double check to be certain. What's EC say they cost?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 06:53 PM

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Hi Michael. What year is your bike.?

I have the stick coils. And is it the rear brake master cylinder that has gone down. I have a spare one of those.
Also I am sure CAG will help u too.
Cheers
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all. I was more curious whether my dealer could source new parts from other than MV Agusta. That's the double-edged sword of the warranty. Parts, labor, materials, and even towing is covered with no deductible. Problem is that the majority of time they go through the factory for replacement parts and it takes two weeks to get them from the factory to my dealer.

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 07:26 PM

Hi micwhitt1, I just sent you a msg about parts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 09:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down kits?

micwhitt1;
the problem with Brembo stuff is 95% of the time they DO NOT sell internal parts
as Fred Renz of Yoyodyne (a Brembo distributor) said "if you need a dust boot for a $1682 racing caliper......it's $1682"

there are exceptions;
Aprilia sells the slave seal ($26)

BMW sells caliper parts not sure about rear M/C parts

KTM sells both don't think they sell M/C front parts

I found radial clutch M/C seals (15mm)

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micwhitt1 View Post
Thanks all. I was more curious whether my dealer could source new parts from other than MV Agusta. That's the double-edged sword of the warranty. Parts, labor, materials, and even towing is covered with no deductible. Problem is that the majority of time they go through the factory for replacement parts and it takes two weeks to get them from the factory to my dealer.

EC should have been able to answer that question right then and there. For warranty work any dealer for any brand will have to go through the factory/manufacturer if they want to get paid.
Consider yourself fortunate the wait is only 2 weeks. Some folks wait months, if not more, and sometimes still don't get a satisfactory resolution. Yes, its frustrating, but such is life when you own such a brand.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 05:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by varium View Post
Yes, its frustrating, but such is life when you own such a brand.
True statement; but when she runs there's nothing better!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode