Brutale 910S 2006 need s/h Brake caliper support flange - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brutale 910S 2006 need s/h Brake caliper support flange

Hi
I've stripped one of the threads and need another new/second-hand brake caliper support flange. I've looked at Star Twin price from Europe and hoping to get one closer to home in South Australia and better price. Any suggestions appreciated

cheers Claudio

Brutale 910S 2006, KTM SMT 990 2010, Suzuki V-Strom DL650A ABS (ex BMW R1150RT 2002)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 07:16 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

Claudio;
just have a Heli-Coil installed.....

if you want another one, how about $10 + shipping?

me, I'd Heli-Coil it, It'll be cheaper

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hi Noel
The Heli-Coil was going to be my next option. I put a thread tapper through it first and felt OK until I went to tighten up the bolt and only got about 1/2 the recommended torque on it. I've reinstalled it with Loctite for the time being but would like to take you up on your offer of $10 plus shipping.

Also, while I'm about it, would you have the oil filter tool to instal the MV Agusta oil filter? I used a chain type tool but not very satisfactory

cheers Claudio (I'll PM my address etc)
Attached Images

Brutale 910S 2006, KTM SMT 990 2010, Suzuki V-Strom DL650A ABS (ex BMW R1150RT 2002)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 06:36 PM

Claudio, send me a picture/diagram of the bit you need, I might have it on the garage floor.

Stop using those filters and your won't need a filter tool. The Purolator filters have "PureONE grip control for easy install."

Last edited by rsawkins; 11-18-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: bendy fingers, can't type...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 08:26 PM

I would go with the heli-coil first. Unbeknownst to most people, heli-coils are installed in many NEW aluminum castings that require repeated torquing. So don't think it is a stop-gap repair.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Howdy, here's the pic of the Brake caliper support flange that I need and where do I get these Purolator filters from Adelaide?

Once I get my present flange off I will instal a Heli-Coil and keep either one as spare anyway

cheers

BTW the how/why I ended up stripping the thread on the right side hole in pic is because I was re-installing my hub. I read the many posts on these forums and assiduously followed the workshop manual. Everthing was going well until I came to attach the brake caliper. There was not a lot of room between the bottom of the hub clamp/swing arm and the top of the Nissin 4 pot caliper. I managed to get the rear (left side) bolt in OK but when I inserted the forward/right side bolt it was nudging up agains the underside of the hub. A lot of jiggling of the eccentric hub and persisted to insert the caliper bolt to my detriment ending up stripping the thread. I pulled the hub out again, tap threaded the stripped thread, etc. Yesterday was reinstalling and peered at the photo in the manual and noticed that the 'bulb' of the eccentric hub is on top with the hub/axle at bottom dead centre. I'd installed mine 180 degrees in reverse with the bulb at bottom and the hub at top. I followed the Manual's picture and installed it as above. Hey presto, there was now ample clearance between the caliper upper body and the lower part of the hub clamp/swing arm and was able to instal the brake caliper, albeit with one dodgy thread, and finish the rear hub installation and adjust the chain tension just fine. Damn...why wasn't that critical bit of info printed in the manual.....
Attached Images

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

OK checked out Purolator at http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/...tionguide.aspx but MV Agusta isn't listed. What's suitable for my 910S 2006? and the filter still looks like it needs a oil wrench tool. How does it go on/off? Can you send a pic?

For the moment, I've already installed my MV oil filter and will still need a tool to get it off in a few thousand kms. Any leads?

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 10:13 PM

Pretty sure I have one of those at home, will check tonight.

I use the PL14612, I have a box of them and as it happens one on my desk in front of me.
I just use my hand to tighten/remove them : " PureONE oil filters are 100% covered in textured grip control for easy install at any angle."

If you want one or a few I can send you some, if you want more Noel was my source.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 05:54 PM

Claudio, if you haven't already sorted the part out with Noel send me a PM, I did find what you need in my pile of bits.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013, 03:18 AM

And if you really want the filter tool : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MV-Agusta...81192249380%26

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode