Brutale 1078RR Cooling fans not working - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

Brutale 1078RR Cooling fans not working

Hi Eddy, Just wondering what type of wire have you changed? do you have the picture of it? it may help me, As I have still problems with my Brutale 1078 FAN not starting when it get hot above 100c. l Checked the FAN and work when direct link with Battery, but not Via Spu, the fuse is fine but no power passing through spu and Could not find a relay for Spu and there are no other electrical problems at all and would not have ideas how to check the Spu if it's faulty or not. thanks for all in advinse for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 05:08 AM

Your problem has nothing to do with battery leads you will have to check your temp sensor read the manuals for location Donsy has them . Cheers eddy double check the fuses in the spu your fans should kick in at about 95 c
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 06:40 AM Thread Starter

thanks eddy,
fuse checked and replaced, had new water temp sensor and replaced, there may some problem within SPU that link to fuse??? don't know for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 10:47 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by abadirr View Post
thanks eddy,
fuse checked and replaced, had new water temp sensor and replaced, there may some problem within SPU that link to fuse??? don't know for sure.
1078 has 2 temp sensors, one for display and one for ECU !

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

G'day Donsy,
Thanks for the info, where is the second sensor for Spu? I have replaced the temp sensor on the engine- cheers,
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

sorry Donsy, I mean sensor for ECU
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 10:42 PM

New Site Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by abadirr View Post
sorry Donsy, I mean sensor for ECU
Okay, if you replaced the one on the engine, then you replaced the correct one, the other is on the radiator but only sends reading to display. You might have an SPU problem, although not very common on the 1078's, it is an possibility.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 10:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Donsy,
first Thought the sensor on the engine and replaced it, but not that the faulty one, I should have checked the Sensor as per Manual. However, should-I take the risk and replace the spu or any other options???? any thought will be appreciated
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 02:01 AM

New Site Garage
Go through the fault finding section in the workshop manual. If it is your SPU, you can always run a manual switch for the fan, lot's cheaper than a new SPU, the choice is yours though. If you know the sensor is okay, the only other thing would be a faulty connection or fuse, double check them all first.

Dons Nel
PayPal :

eMial:

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, will go again thorough cleaning the connectors and fuse, and as you have said i might put a manual switch for time being.

Cheers,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode