Alarm removal - advice please.... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 07:58 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Alarm removal - advice please....

Hi,

As part of my winter overhaul I'm going to remove the Meta alarm currently installed.

If I disconnect the battery, ECU and SPU (just to be really sure) can I carefully cut the wires and then remove, or is there anything else I should do/precautions I should take?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 05:39 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
exorcising an alarm?

Stu;
email Meta and ask for the installation wiring diagram to make sure nothing was rerouted. removing the battery and delicate parts is never a bad idea......I'd unplug the dash too

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Good idea, thanks Noel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 03:24 PM

You may struggle to get a wiring diagram as they are only issued to authorised installers.

I have found a guy called Peter Mouncer the bikealarmman.com who can provide advice to remove your alarm after providing proof that you are the genuine owner of the bike.

I also watched a tutorial on YouTube of a guy removing a Meta from a Kawasaki and it seemed intuitive to work out how to do it.

I'll be having a crack at removing mine when I get some time so I'll let you know how easy it is.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 11:52 PM

If like the 312R you need to remove the tank and airbox, cut open the loom and unplug the adapter connector. (if its the same set-up as the F4?)

not sure how it is fitted on a brutale? it would have been down to where it was fitted and wired in on the bike!

What you will need to do is follow back all the wiring from the alarm and disconnect it in sequence wiring back together the two immobilized circuits on the bike, it ain't too hard just requires an understanding of the bike you have and alarm wiring.

If you phone Meta like noel said, they WILL help, they assisted me with the F4 1000s I bought from John, the alarm system went tits up and would not stop sounding off, you can also drill out the 4 screws on the sound unit and remove the whole unit to stop the noise of the alarm but full removal is then required after.

Meta will also supply you with the closest Meta alarm installer to your post code, if unsure take it to them and they will do the work for you.

Last edited by mvagustaGuest1; 11-09-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode