MV Agusta Forum banner

3800 mile oil change: Doing it myself.

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  theknurl 
#1 ·
Thanks to "theknurl" I know exactly what filter to get!! My question is, god forbid anything happened to the engine after I performed the oil change myself, would that be grounds for MV to nullify the factory warranty?

#2 ·
Thanks to "theknurl" I know exactly what filter to get!! My question is, god forbid anything happened to the engine after I performed the oil change myself, would that be grounds for MV to nullify the factory warranty?
Over here, if you missed the recommended warranty period service, you could find yourself in a spot of bother.

#3 ·
Donsy;
fortunately here we can fill out our own service books....and its legal in all 50 States as far as I know

if it works in Californucated it should everywhere else.....

but, after talking to Chuck and Cindy this afternoon probably not in Massivechewshits:stickpoke:stickpoke

#6 ·
The same idiocy that has been going on here since I arrived in 1988.:smoking:

#5 ·
Magnuson_Moss warranty act restricts manuf. from having specific stipulations to maintain a warranty in effect.

"You do not require consumers to perform any duty as a precondition for receiving service, except notifying you that service is needed, unless you can demonstrate that the duty is reasonable."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

It's a good idea to keep the receipt for your oil and filter tho this has never come up for me. Additionally, the manuf. has the burden of proving that something you did to the bike caused the warranty claim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.