TSS Solenoid Fault - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-22-2013, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Unhappy TSS Solenoid Fault

Just thought i would post up this fault that happen to my 2011 F4RR

I had just fitted up my new Bodis slip ons and was taking it out for a test ride, all was good the sound from these pipes was great then it happened .

While riding along the dash just went blank like it was switched off and the red security light came on i then pulled over switched it off to reset the dash but with nothing coming on.

Checked the fuses and found that it had blown the F1 fuse I then got a mate getec(Glenn ) to trailer it home for me so i could start to remove fairings etc to locate the fault.

I then removed blown fuse and replaced it but as soon as the key was turned on it blew the fuse again, i then removed the battery terminal to try to reset it that way or to see what would happen and the dash came back on with the fault (STOP TSS SOLENOID FAULT )

Restarted the motor it then ran fine till i took it for another test ride same thing happened again this time got it back home then turned it off.

So have ordered new solenoid and will let you know if this will fix the fault as all wiring and hoses looked good.

would be good to see if any body else has had this fault???

I had another mate had the same thing happen to his two days after mine & his was a 2011 F4.

Regards Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 03:27 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I can't understand as there has been 70 views but no one else has had any faults with theirs, you must be lucky looks like it has only happened to two 2011 models still waiting on the solenoid will give you an update once i get it.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 04:58 AM

I don't think anyone has done the amount of Km's you have done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 05:13 AM

New Site Garage
Dont worry scotty i bet they will be all trying to find this thread when it happens to them soon

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 05:26 AM

Scottie, can you run the bike with the TSS plug disconnected? The TSS only engages when the revs hits above 10k rpm. At least if it happens again you can still ride your bike home?

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 05:31 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Under warranty??

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Yeah mate i can't wait to get back on it again, and i hope this thread will help them if & when it happens
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

If it dose happen to any one when the dash blacks out do not turn it off or you will be towing it home, No warranty bike is two years old and out of warranty & you cannot run without it johnny you can get home with it gone but as long as you dont turn it off.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-05-2013, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Here is what happens when you disconnect the plug you have no speedo and this comes up and will not go out
Attached Images

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Skype™ to christosc
Hi Scott,
About 20 miles ago I had my Bodis exhaust replaced with the original. Picked the bike up from my local MV Agusta garage and after 8 miles, I had exactly the same issue. The dash switched off and there was only the flashing light on at the top of the dash. As there was no different sound from the engine I let it run just so to get me home. When I switched it off, it wouldn't start. I replaced the fuse and I got the same message as in the picture above. I did not try to start the engine so not sure if it would start.
Need to speak to the dealer tomorrow to see whether they recommend me riding the bike to them or have it taken there.
So there problem shared is a problem halved.
Regads,
Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode