Bikebubble - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Bikebubble

Winter is coming and my bike will sleep in a new garage which isn't heated as my previous one was sow there will be some degree of humidity.
Now I've found this product and I think it's quite interesting: https://www.carcoon.com/.
What are your thoughts about it or what is your experience with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 08:33 AM

New Site Garage
Hahaha, a client of mine keeps his so-called valuable Holden's in them, seem to work well, although they're still just Holden's.
If you have the room to do it, I can't see any harm in it.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 02:09 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
Same here. For the price if I was storing the MV I would consider putting it in one of these. If anything to ward off our humidity. Id think twice about putting your wife in it though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2013, 06:01 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

SoCal here.....

ride all year round

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-13-2013, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

So it's a very good product then?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2013, 09:19 PM
Established Member

I can see how it may keep your bike from getting dusty (pumping in filtered air), but there's nothing to keep humidity at bay. It would have to have a desiccant to pick up moisture or a DX refrigeration system with reheat to create a dry environment inside the bubble. Constantly pumping in more air would just make the dehumidification system work harder if it actually had one (which it doesn't). Activated carbon filters will remove odors, lighter gasses - but not much else (maybe gas odors). It would take alumina impregnated permanganate filters to take sulfur dioxide and other heavier gasses out. If you live near the sea you'll just be pumping in salty moist air. They describe it as a small "clean room". Anybody who knows what a clean room is (I do) would chuckle at that (nothing said about HEPA filters...). Take it for what it is: a low pressure balloon pumped up with the same air in your shop, garage, carport, storage facility, boat house or wherever you keep your bike, filtered through activated carbon filters (nothing more). Without a sealed environment whatever moisture is present in your general environment will also be in your bubble. You could throw a desiccant pack inside it, but you would need to reactivity it continuously (usually done by heating it to drive out moisture). As we say in the States, that's my (long-winded) two bits worth.....
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 07:10 AM

A simpler solution might be to try and source a large, hardy plastic bag, put some dessicant in there with the bike and then use a vacuum cleaner hose to remove as much excess air as possible and then seal it. No continuous running costs.

Si

Edit: Here you go. There's even an MV in the picture! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vac-Motorcyc...pr_product_top

Last edited by TheCatWhisperer; 09-18-2013 at 07:27 AM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-18-2013, 06:10 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Stewart
The only thing with the vaccum thing is I wonder what having plastic tight against painted surfaces for a prolonged period would do. If it would leave something behind or stick.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
The only thing with the vaccum thing is I wonder what having plastic tight against painted surfaces for a prolonged period would do. If it would leave something behind or stick.
That's why you have your bikes jammies for
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-19-2013, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

I must say I really like that vacuum idea! I think I've read something about it several years ago on this forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode