axle nut saved by the clip - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
cus

axle nut saved by the clip

So I started pulling my 1078rr apart for new chain,sprockets and hub bearing after my last trip and when I removed the sprocket side retaining clip from the axle nut I found that the nut was only hand tight. And that is 5000ks after a major service from the dealer. Thank Christ the clip did it`s job or I may have ended up like mitch. To think I had it well over 200kph at one point makes me shudder. How FCUKing hard is it for so called profesionals to get it right. Thankfully warranty has expired so I`ll be doing my own servicing from now on.

Check your nuts guys!!! sorry, and ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 12:57 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
cus;
glad you're OK

i have yet to see an MV that was serviced at an authorized dealer that was done correctly.......period

doing your own service is the only way to go.......after all its your ass, that will hit the asphalt

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
cus;
glad you're OK

i have yet to see an MV that was serviced at an authorized dealer that was done correctly.......period

doing your own service is the only way to go.......after all its your ass, that will hit the asphalt
It`s an astounding case of negligence none the less, I certainly don`t need the help of others to end up on my arse. Years ago I was doing an inspection on a Cessna 180 I`d been operating and found a spanner (wrench) lodged under an aileron bellcrank, left by the previous so called engineer, some times you just have to shake your fuggin head and go have a beer.
Back to my bike ,this will be a very thorough going over. God knows what else was "missed".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 08:32 AM
col

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
cus;
glad you're OK

I have to say that sunstate motorcycles on the sunshine coast do grand job
After yrs of racing i always check nut bolts ,levels after a service …so far no problems BUT i have found that the fuel is lower when i get it back lol
Cus i bet they blame the poor young trainee

i have a form of dislexia as i have said plenty of time and it dont bother me .................. but im not stupid or a tard so dont try it on

MV Brutale's go faster than a crackheads dole payment and that's fast

I WAS A BIKER BEFORE IT BECAME A FASHION STATEMENT
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 02:57 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs down shops?

PM just came from the UK Forum;
"....I decided not to ride the bike there or back for new tyres, I took it in a van.

Lucky call for me as I decided to check the "mechanics" work out. Why use a torque wrench when you can use a rattle gun at full torque?

I got the bike home and I had to use a 20" breaker bar to undo the front axle! There was fine swarf all over the place. I also had to get a bloody breaker bar to undo the 2 x pinch bolts on the swing arm, they must have put about 100ft/lbs on the bloody things."

i'm sending him new wheel and hub bearings

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
cus

The dealer in question is going out of business, surprise heh.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 06:44 PM

New Site Garage
Your one lucky man. I had my clip go on me on the freeway not long ago and the nut flew off and i lost all power. The only thing holding the wheel on was the caliper. I had angels looking down on me that day i had been up and down maquarie pass which is a mountain side full of toght twisty turns. Name:  ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1378683840.569367.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  271.3 KB

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post
I have to say that sunstate motorcycles on the sunshine coast do grand job
After yrs of racing i always check nut bolts ,levels after a service …so far no problems BUT i have found that the fuel is lower when i get it back lol
Cus i bet they blame the poor young trainee
Would hate all shops to be tarred with the same brush ,I`ve had dealings with Trooper Lu`s on a couple of occasions and found them to be excellent but being two days ride away are a little far.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnehme View Post
Your one lucky man. I had my clip go on me on the freeway not long ago and the nut flew off and i lost all power. The only thing holding the wheel on was the caliper. I had angels looking down on me that day i had been up and down maquarie pass which is a mountain side full of toght twisty turns. Attachment 81417

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Yeah, your incident came to mind when I found my loose nut (so to speak), freeway would be one thing but the pass could have seen you and bike thrown into the scrub never to be seen again. To quote Life of Brian " you lucky bastard".
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 04:28 AM

Always do my own service now,SO if i kill myself i can then blame myself from the other side.Glad you picked it up in time Cus.

cheers eddy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode