3800 Mile Service... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

3800 Mile Service...

It was going great until I needed to put the gas tank back on...then I noticed the plastic 90 degree fuel tank connector on the bottom of the tank was cracked. I was super careful then the wife comes out...

So I drained the tank and now it sits until I figure out how to get it fixed. I did notice some fixes for the fuel tank connector on the previous model year and was wondering if that would work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 12:39 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
You need to fit a pair of metal fuel connectors.Buy them off Carl (CAG),then read up on how to fit them.Good luck.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 03:28 AM

New Site Garage
There's some useful tips in here - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39000 - read the whole thing, lot's of idea's in there.
CAG , unfortunately does not sell the fittings anymore, but most of the forum sponsors do now days.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :

eMial:

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the help!
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 04:17 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
There's some useful tips in here - http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39000 - read the whole thing, lot's of idea's in there.
CAG , unfortunately does not sell the fittings anymore, but most of the forum sponsors do now days.
Sorry Donsy,did not realise Carl does not sell them anymore.Missleading information

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Mobile-0423041326
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

So looking in the service manual I'm a tad confused on the fuel pump O ring. I only have one O ring and I put it in position 1 (the notch) and fuel leaks. I put in position 2 and same thing. Am I supposed to have two O rings? The parts breakdown doesn't help spell it out for me either. I've inspected the O ring also and it looks good...

post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 07:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink CPC metal fittings?

Donsy and Mitch they won't help him, he has a '10 bike with a single red John Guest fitting on the bottom

and it has 3 hose fittings in the pump plate the old bikes had 2

Timber29;

you need to remove the cannister, if you have it (since i don't know where you are) and wye the drain/vent lines together INSIDE the tank

make them ~20cm/8" longer than stock.....then you can change the fuel filter without disconnecting the vent/drain lines

epoxy 2 of fuel pump plate fittings closed.....that way you only need to remove 1 clamp the remove the fuel pump completely

the plastic tank MVs use 2 of the big O-rings .....my '08 910R came with only 1
but didn't leak

lucky me

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
Donsy and Mitch they won't help him, he has a '10 bike with a single red John Guest fitting on the bottom

and it has 3 hose fittings in the pump plate the old bikes had 2

Timber29;

you need to remove the cannister, if you have it (since i don't know where you are) and wye the drain/vent lines together INSIDE the tank

make them ~20cm/8" longer than stock.....then you can change the fuel filter without disconnecting the vent/drain lines

epoxy 2 of fuel pump plate fittings closed.....that way you only need to remove 1 clamp the remove the fuel pump completely

the plastic tank MVs use 2 of the big O-rings .....my '08 910R came with only 1
but didn't leak

lucky me
Yes, I have a Walkman (canister) in my fuel tank also since I’m a California resident. So how in the wide world of sports do I only have one O ring in my tank (the green one)? Also how the #[email protected]! Do you get the red fitting off at the bottom of the tank?
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 08:01 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Opps,stuffed up again.I looked at his registry and saw F4 1000 and went by that info.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Mobile-0423041326
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 08:50 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber29 View Post
Yes, I have a Walkman (canister) in my fuel tank also since Iím a California resident. So how in the wide world of sports do I only have one O ring in my tank (the green one)? Also how the #[email protected]! Do you get the red fitting off at the bottom of the tank?
That fitting does not separate from the pump housing.I did a search for you and MV sells the complete assembly for around $900.00.I found a post where a bike shop did a conversion and fixed a John Guest male elbow into the pump housing.Hopefully another member has a quicker solution for you.Name:  61427.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  60.4 KB

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Mobile-0423041326

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode