scratch on my black frame - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

scratch on my black frame

I had my bike on my trailer and the tie down scratched the frame, the powder (or whatever it is) coat got scraped off, what would be the best way to touch it up?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 01:58 AM

Get a pro touch up guy to fix it,

cheers eddy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 07:46 AM

I like stickers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 09:43 AM

Pretty sure the paint codes and where to buy the correct color touch ups has been covered a time or 2 around here. A search might turn that stuff up. Whatever you do don't use color-rite(sp?).

If you are still unsure take the bike by a hobby shop which will have rows of paints to choose from. Most, if not all, will allow you to bring the paint outside(if bike is right out the door) to try and match it up. The employee(s) there could take a look at the frame and get you close then bring a couple bottles out to sample on the frame itself. Make sure the frame if cool though. And bring a handful of q-tips to help with transferring the test paint to the frame. Unless you want a hand full of paint marks from wiping off the tests a paper towel or 2 may be a good idea too. I know this method may sound hokie but it worked for me in finding perfect matches to some hard to match up paint colors.

If your frame isn't to old and faded from use and sitting in the sun, the scratch is small enough, and close is good enough for you, then just about any flat black will do for touch up. Most blend really well and are fairly hard to notice on small touch ups. Have used the flat or satin black with the q-tip method for numerous touch ups on the lips of rims where the tire tech made a mistake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode