B3 800 Maintenance schedule - MVAgusta.net
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
ravenbac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 161
Red face B3 800 Maintenance schedule

Hi all, currently waiting for my B3 800 to arrive and would like to get a head start on maintenance requirements. So far I have downloaded the owners manual but unlike most other owners manuals, there is no maintenance schedule included. I have also been unsuccessful in obtaining a workshop manual specific to B3 800. As this is my first single sided swing arm bike, I would like to know the workshop manual procedure on how to remove and replace the rear wheel as well. Hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction or attach said information. Thanks heaps, great site and will post pics when she finally arrives.[/B][/B]

Do it! Do it now! Don't be a girlie man.
ravenbac is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 06:07 AM
Moderator
 
Donsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 22,054
New Site Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenbac View Post
Hi all, currently waiting for my B3 800 to arrive and would like to get a head start on maintenance requirements. So far I have downloaded the owners manual but unlike most other owners manuals, there is no maintenance schedule included. I have also been unsuccessful in obtaining a workshop manual specific to B3 800. As this is my first single sided swing arm bike, I would like to know the workshop manual procedure on how to remove and replace the rear wheel as well. Hoping that someone here can point me in the right direction or attach said information. Thanks heaps, great site and will post pics when she finally arrives.[/b][/b]
Good on you mate.
Can't help you with a workshop manaul yet, owners of these new model bikes are very scared to share at the moment.
But as far as the rear wheel removal goes, it's the same as all the other MV's mate. You need the Taper 55mm socket, available with forum sponsors in the Market Place section, a rear axle stand, and there you go.
I hope the wait goes very quickly.

Dons Nel
Own - Two F4 1000R's 06 and 07.
PayPal :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

eMial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mobile in Australia: 0438 385 776
Website with MV Manuals for Most models -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donsy is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Senior Member
 
hb88xx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: A'dam, NL
Posts: 3,394
New Site Garage
There is a call back on valve springs in Italy, so get informed if it is needed for yours

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
hb88xx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Senior Member
 
zvez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: georgia
Posts: 1,115
it's hard to tell by the pics but wondering if you can pull the rear wheel without moving the exhaust tips. That'd be a def. plus!

I'm guessing the rear wheel nut removal is counterclockwise as on other mvs?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Donsy View Post
Good on you mate.
Can't help you with a workshop manaul yet, owners of these new model bikes are very scared to share at the moment.
But as far as the rear wheel removal goes, it's the same as all the other MV's mate. You need the Taper 55mm socket, available with forum sponsors in the Market Place section, a rear axle stand, and there you go.
I hope the wait goes very quickly.

Chris
2014 B3 Brutale 800
That's Giuliano Maoggi and the start of the 1956 Motogiro d'Italia.
zvez is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
ravenbac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb88xx View Post
There is a call back on valve springs in Italy, so get informed if it is needed for yours
Hi hb88xx, another member here has contacted the Australian importer and it has been confirmed that no bikes shipped to Australia will be affected by this issue. I was concerned at first but not now. Anyhow, that is what warranty is for. Cheers.

Do it! Do it now! Don't be a girlie man.
ravenbac is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Established Member
 
ravenbac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvez View Post
it's hard to tell by the pics but wondering if you can pull the rear wheel without moving the exhaust tips. That'd be a def. plus!

I'm guessing the rear wheel nut removal is counterclockwise as on other mvs?
zvez, that was one of my questions also. However having a good look at the set up I cannot see how there will be enough clearance unless you do remove the rear exhaust. Cheers.

Do it! Do it now! Don't be a girlie man.
ravenbac is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome