Dead Hub at 6948 Miles - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Dead Hub at 6948 Miles

Well, it almost made it to the first major service interval before the hub failed. Glad I bought the three-year, zero deductible warranty.

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 04:37 PM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Sorry to hear about the failure.That is the average mileage they fail.I have added you to the long fatality list.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 09:08 PM
SAB

Do the Mitch hub! It looks more suited to work on a jet plane than a motorcycle.

"If I'd never thrown my leg over a bike, I'd never have lived." - Hislop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB View Post
Do the Mitch hub! It looks more suited to work on a jet plane than a motorcycle.
That is my intent. But since it will be a warranty repair, I'll have to get the dealer to source a non-MV part. Not sure how that will work.

Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.... ~Hunter S. Thompson
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 08:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by micwhitt1 View Post
That is my intent. But since it will be a warranty repair.....
order it yourself from Mitch and tell them to install it....

the labor for them will be the same, but they'll probably try to screw you anyway for extra labor because they won't get their percentage on the hub

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 09:08 PM
Established Member

What are the signs of hub failure? I changed the hub bearings 3000 mi. ago with stock ones because I heard pulsing vibration at 30,000 mi.. Now I am hearing same pulsing vibration but not nearly pronounced. Good tight fits and no signs of spun bearing when I replaced them and no pulsing vibration afterwards. I am going to get the good bearing from CAG? But i think my hub is still good. Just broke as hell. Need to ride and go to Laguna Seca too. Appreciate any input.

Thanks AZB

Last edited by arizona brutale; 05-21-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: lack of info
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 AM
MVAgusta.net Sponsor

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to mitchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona brutale View Post
What are the signs of hub failure? I changed the hub bearings 3000 mi. ago with stock ones because I heard pulsing vibration at 30,000 mi.. Now I am hearing same pulsing vibration but not nearly pronounced. Good tight fits and no signs of spun bearing when I replaced them and no pulsing vibration afterwards. I am going to get the good bearing from CAG? But i think my hub is still good. Just broke as hell. Need to ride and go to Laguna Seca too. Appreciate any input.

Thanks AZB
On the road,the feeling is like a flat rear tyre when the bearing fails.Their can be particles of metal noticed on the wheel rim.When the bike is on the rear stand if there is any sideways movement of the wheel at all inspection of the bearing/hub should be made.

Bike- F4 1078.
Work.Email & Paypal.

Work Phone (+61)0755244655
Facebook- Mitch Covington
Mobile-0423041326
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 04:40 AM
col

New Site Garage
and if you miss those first signs the second sign is ...its like riding on oil or ice

i have a form of dislexia as i have said plenty of time and it dont bother me .................. but im not stupid or a tard so dont try it on

MV Brutale's go faster than a crackheads dole payment and that's fast

I WAS A BIKER BEFORE IT BECAME A FASHION STATEMENT
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
order it yourself from Mitch and tell them to install it....

the labor for them will be the same, but they'll probably try to screw you anyway for extra labor because they won't get their percentage on the hub
Wish I could afford to do that, but I have to save money for Bubba 5 (yes, I'm one of the working stiffs with an addiction to beautiful motorcycles). Anyway, all parts and labor a covered 100% by warranty; that's why I'm hoping I can talk them into sourcing from Mitch.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode