2012 F4 1000 (is this part needed) - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Formerly - dagmvagusta

2012 F4 1000 (is this part needed)

Hey good peoples I have been slowly completing projects on my bike and one of them was lowering the bike. During this process I bent this piece of plastic back one to many times now its a pain to get back in. I want to just take it off but wanted to ask is it really needed? Not really protecting the radiator and I cant say it is protecting any thing from tire/street debri either.

Thanks,

Dre
Attached Images

"In the middle of difficulty lies OPPORTUNITY!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Formerly - dagmvagusta

Answer to my own question is it is not needed and is actually a hindrance for any 2012 F41000 owners..

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 06:31 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I have to say, I could not tell just what or where this part is. That said, the engineers don't add parts that aren't needed as a general rule (unless you consider the fairing panels as unnecessary.....).

Did you have any photos that better showed to location and orientation of this part? Just curious now.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2013, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Formerly - dagmvagusta

It went right up under the horn, but all parts on the bike is not needed. If I was turning it into a racing baike that would be tons of stuff that needs to be removed in order to prep it for the track. And in terms of street use everyone modifies there exhaust (get rid of the cat) and that came from the factory. So I understand your point but certainly can't agree with it. But so far bike runs just excellent without it.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Old Wing Nut

Must have been an air deflector of some sort...part of the aero package and possibly heat management.
I'm sure the bike will run fine without it, but it was put there for a reason originally.

Whether cosmetic or functional, the manufacture cost and attempts to build bikes that are profitable and marketable mean that nothing unnecessary is installed on a bike theses days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Formerly - dagmvagusta

I looked it up it makes the horn sound louder due to the vibration from the plastic. Thats all. If they want the horn to sound louder put in a air horn or make a better one. I put in a aftermarket horn because the one that comes from the mighty manufacturer sucks..

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 AM
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmvagusta View Post
I put in a aftermarket horn because the one that comes from the mighty manufacturer sucks..
A common malady since I got into bikes 45 years ago....

Fiamm make (or used to) a great compact air horn.

and NO...loud pipes do not save lives.

Again, cost of manufacture....cheapest horn to meet homologation requirements. The plastic "enhancer" probably saved them the expense of a louder horn.?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode