2006 910S Brutale radiator - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

2006 910S Brutale radiator

So my radiator has a pinhole near the top right hand side. A few questions...

Does anyone make an 'aftermarket' radiator and if so, is there any advantage to it?

I've looked at the manual and it seems like a straightforward process to remove it. Is there anything that the manual overlooks?

After the repaired/new one goes back in, is there anything to do other than fill it up? It's been a long time since I've done anything like this, but I imagine you just fill the expansion tank, wait for the thermostat to open and then refill the expansion tank. Please let me know if I'm missing a step.

thanks,
Chris

2006 910S
2019 BMW S1kR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 10:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Chris;
send it to Terry at Myler's;
http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/

one day turn around

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 07:08 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Or.....carefully clean the area, mix a small dab of JB Weld and carefully apply. Allow to fully cure. Away you go.

My own Brutale has been running around with a JB Weld repair for about 10k miles.
I called some radiator repair shops about fixing mine with solder or brazing and they all said they would just do an epoxy repair.....so I did it myself.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2013, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Or.....carefully clean the area, mix a small dab of JB Weld and carefully apply. Allow to fully cure. Away you go.

My own Brutale has been running around with a JB Weld repair for about 10k miles.
I called some radiator repair shops about fixing mine with solder or brazing and they all said they would just do an epoxy repair.....so I did it myself.

Thanks Ed. If the area where the pinhole is can easily be accessed without removing the radiator from the bike, is there any other reason to remove it? Or can it be repaired in place?

Did you use the regular JB Weld, or the High Heat?

2006 910S
2019 BMW S1kR

Last edited by onsight512; 05-14-2013 at 10:06 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode